facebook

problems

by: Pnm

Anybody else psyching themselves out about not having the "correct" appearance after reading greekrank?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: G   

What do you mean?? Explain

By: G
by: OPJul 8, 2015 12:37:26 AM

Well I have a good GPA, I definitely think I am pretty, and I was extremely involved in high school and I am very excited about going to Alabama and rushing! However, seeing how rigid some of the what seem to be requirements for clothes and weight and all around looks has made me a little nervous to go through rush, if everybody is going to look like a supermodel. I am happy with my body but, goodness, they make it sound like anybody over 120 lbs (at 5'3 anyway) is incredibly obese.

By: OP
by: wellJul 8, 2015 1:34:30 AM

I wouldn't say its obese but probably a lil chubby

By: well
by: Same Jul 8, 2015 11:51:21 AM

I'm like 145 pounds so... Thanks that really helped guys

By: Same
#2  by: active   

If you want an honest answer, there will be some houses that will drop you for not having what they think is the "correct" look for their chapter. And you know what? Good riddance!

Whether it's for lacking the right looks, grades, connections, hometown, or whatever, getting cut sucks, and it's going to happen. It might even happen a lot, but it probably won't happen every time. In fact it probably won't even happen for most of the time. Despite what the horrendous comments on this site would lead you to believe, we aren't all catty, superficial, spoiled little Regina Georges. Most of us are actually pretty decent, even nice! And most of us don't care what you look like, where you come from, or who designed your dress. We care about what your favorite hobbies are, and what philanthropy tugs on your heart strings, and why you've wanted to be a doctor/lawyer/marine biologist since you were ten. And the great thing about being a PNM is getting to find the house that loves you for YOU, not your rich daddy's income or your pretty mommy's features.

This site is absolutely toxic. Take a deep breath and remember that if a house is too shallow to want the real you, then they aren't worth your time. You're going to have an amazing rush, and believe me when I say that we can't wait to meet you!

Good luck (but you probably won't need it)!

By: active
by: pnmJul 18, 2015 12:55:40 AM

Honestly, it's good to hear actives that are rooting for the pnms going into rush!

By: pnm
#3  by: Chic   

So the OP thinks the models in the 2015 greek chic look like super models? Wow. Not.

By: Chic
#4  by: Honestly   

I care more about whether the PNM can carry on an intelligent conversation, ask appropriate questions about our chapter, and be an overall pleasant person to be around. There are girls who go through rush who give one-word answers, ask rude questions about the sorority's overall reputation, and talk down to active members- THOSE are the girls we will judge harshly.

If you go into every house with an open mind and have fun, you'll be fine. The only time I've ever noticed a PNM's imperfections was when she was rude to me. OP, you have nothing to worry about. Trust me. Yes, there are houses who will cut you, but it's all for the better. You will end up where you're meant to be, whether upper tier or bottom tier. If it's not fun, it's not worth doing. So go in with that mindset. You want a sisterhood, not imprisonment.

By: Honestly
by: ...Jul 18, 2015 12:05:09 AM

What are good questions to ask? I've done my research with each philanthropy, but what do people expect? Just curious!! Thank you!

By: ...
#5  by: Concerned   

I'm "underweight" (by BMI standards) but I model and it's just my natural built. Are girls going to drop me for that?

By: Concerned
by: aciveJul 18, 2015 10:40:37 AM

yes

By: acive
#6  by: pnm   

bump

By: pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.