facebook

thoughts on rush 2015

by: Poster

Any and all thought on rush and bid day 2015...Roll Tide!

Posted By: Poster
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Active   

Personally I think that we'll hopefully have more diversity and no matter what drama all of the pledge classes will be great

By: Active
by: re:Apr 21, 2015 5:22:10 PM

is this actually a rule...

By: re:
by: ...Apr 21, 2015 5:29:39 PM

that was an Anchorman joke. chill and stay classy san diego

By: ...
by: IsayApr 22, 2015 12:23:26 AM

Choose the group where you feel the most comfortable and wanted.

By: Isay
#2  by: Kate   

I might as well say that all of us are really excited to see the new baby pledges!!!

By: Kate
by: FashionistaMay 2, 2015 10:31:13 PM

They're not babies and their not pledges.
They're young women and they're new members.

By: Fashionista
by: @"fashionista"Jul 24, 2015 4:10:21 PM

Oh hush, let her have her fun. Calling the NM by cute nicknames isn't hurting anyone...

By: @"fashionista"
#3  by: Pnm Mom   

Hopefully my daughter will get into either Phi Mu or Alpha Phi

By: Pnm Mom
by: really????Apr 20, 2015 8:38:09 PM

I'm a pnm mom, and can't believe you just posted this. How in the world do you expect your daughter to get the experience of rush and sororities if you give her a preconceived notion as to what sorority you hope for her to be in? Please keep an open mind! All these sororities have amazing women, philanthropy and have many talents! Let her be her own women, go through rush with an open mind and be willing to find her best match without your influence or pressure. I'm sorry, but this just irritates me to no end! Don't try and live your life through hers, let her make her own decisions and be supportive if she doesn't get in Alpha Phi, or Phi Mu. ANY of these sororities would offer most girls the opportunities that they look for to meet friends, serve others, and grow in...

By: really????
by: That escalated quicklyApr 21, 2015 2:35:30 PM

She has a life...So do you...Let's keep them separate

By: That escalated quickly
by: @ PNM momApr 21, 2015 8:43:12 PM

By the end of rush, be careful or you might end up just praying she gets anything at all if she shares your attitude. What are you going to do if those two houses cut her? I hope you are not sharing these feelings vocally?

By: @ PNM mom
by: ?Apr 22, 2015 12:20:46 AM

I can't believe one girl would be interested in both of those sororities. They're very different.

By: ?
by: mehApr 22, 2015 1:33:20 AM

If I have a daughter who goes Alpha Phi I've failed as a parent LOL

By: meh
by: HemApr 24, 2015 12:25:06 AM

Wow, meh, that's rude. I'll bet you've never even met an Alpha Phi.

By: Hem
#4  by: PNM   

Super excited! I'm already so ready for Bid Day!

By: PNM
by: another pnmApr 21, 2015 7:34:12 PM

A little nervous but me too! Can't wait :)

By: another pnm
by: ???Apr 21, 2015 11:42:41 PM

Why don't you just enjoy the end of your senior year?

By: ???
by: :)Apr 23, 2015 9:43:38 PM

Who says you can't do both!

By: :)
#5  by: Pnm   

So excited I hope they like me!! Ready to find my future home, eeks!!

By: Pnm
#6  by: dear pnms   

Have an open mind and be accepting of the houses that invite you back. If you're dropped by the house of your dreams you've got to know it isn't for you. So many girls want certain houses and no matter how adorable you are, you may not get any of the ones you want. But if you get an invitation at all, it's from a house that sees you as a potential sister. You need to get over your ego and realize that all the houses are good regardless of what tent talk you heard.

By: dear pnms
by: perfectApr 23, 2015 9:30:39 PM

This is the message all pnms should listen to.

By: perfect
#7  by: PNM   

What should I wear for Bid Day?

#8  by: PNM   

Should we do our hair and wear makeup on Bid Day... I usually do but I want to look natural...Will it be expected of me? Sorry for asking this...But, I'm from Michigan, And I'm not sure what is expected in the south

by: Active Apr 24, 2015 7:30:44 AM

you're gonna be taking a lot of pictures so wear makeup that you feel confident in! Just make sure not to cake it on because you're gonna be standing in the August Alabama heat for hours

by: A MichiganderMay 6, 2015 3:31:46 PM

Style your hair and put on some make-up! Otherwise, you'll look back on your Bid Day pictures wondering WTF you were thinking by not looking your best. Also, the heat and humidity is going to be BAD- use some makeup setting spray to save yourself.

By: A Michigander
#9  by: PNM   

Since it's Bama can I safely assume that the Bama heat will be really hot in August? I live in Ohio where it's usually in the mid 70s But what do people think the heat on bid day will be like?

by: tempsApr 24, 2015 2:41:22 PM

Temps in Tuscaloosa in late August will be hotter than you (somebody from ohio) have probably ever experienced. It will be like in the 90s and the humidity could be way up there too.

By: temps
by: ActiveApr 25, 2015 12:40:57 AM

Last year was probably in the high 90s with no cloud cover whatsoever and everyone who was sober enough to care was basically miserable and dripping. The worst part though is staring into the sun while zap takes a zillion pictures but once that's over its great.

by: LOLApr 27, 2015 2:09:21 PM

HAHA literally so true, when you look at zaps from bid day you can always tell which houses face the sun cause their girls look a zillion times more miserable

By: LOL
#10  by: PNM   

Will our schedules during rush week be packed?

by: FashionistaMay 2, 2015 10:35:16 PM

Yes, the first four days.
They're bad because you go all day long, adrenaline ratcheted up to the max level, and contending with heat, humidity and lack of food.
Then it eases up some, especially if you don't have a full schedule.
You will have parties during the day, but be free at night.
Stay away from those parties, though. Word spreads FAST.

By: Fashionista

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.