facebook

bids

by: 2019

Are there a lot of girls that just flat out don't get a bid anywhere?

Posted By: 2019
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ya   

yep. 91% bid rate. most of those are dropped for low gpas though.

By: ya
by: Also,Mar 24, 2015 2:34:09 AM

More girls than you think withdrawal from Rush themselves because they feel like it is not for them, but at least they have it a shot.

By: Also,
#2  by: Greek System   

The Greek system tries to place everyone, that is why you need to keep your options open. Grades can definitely keep you from getting a bid, and I would say that happens early during rush week (getting cut for GPA). Having a 91% success rate is really excellent, although I believe the success rate is higher than 91%.

This site likes to scare pmns into thinking they won't get a bid. With 16 houses, you can surely find your home if you are true to yourself and keep your options open.

By: Greek System
#3  by: IMHO   

The one big thing that gets PNMs released completely other than bad grades or lack of recs is poor social skills. If you can't make conversation or carry yourself with confidence, actives are going to pick up on it. I've read at least one story here of a PNM who looked great on paper but ended up getting cut by every house because she was so painfully shy.

By: IMHO
#4  by: previous pnm   

Girls do get dropped from rush but a few chapters do informal recruitment or snap bids in the fall after formal rush! I know that SDT did informal recruitment in the fall and DZ, APHI and SDT did spring recruitment!

By: previous pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.