facebook

no tea invite

by: Confused

Ok, was wondering why a sorority would friend you on social media with up to 20 -30 members adding you but then not invite you to their spring tea? Is this normal to have sororities follow you on social media and then stop being interested? I realize I shouldn't expect an invitation, but it is very confusing and was wondering if I did something wrong? Just trying to figure out how this greek system works...

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Definitely    

A little odd. Maybe they did not like what they viewed on social media?

By: Definitely
#2  by: .   

As an active in a sorority, this is not weird at all!!! They saw you on fb, thought you were cute, told all their friends to add you, and somewhere along the line they forgot to ask for your address or turn your name into the rush chair. Do not take it personally. It happens more often than you think! Also, it's easy for sorority members to "assume" you've already been put on the list. When theres up to 1,000 girls on a list, things can get confusing. They are still noticing you! Regardless of an invite.

By: .
by: ConfusedMar 24, 2015 7:18:21 AM

Thanks so much for your reply, it really makes me feel better to know an actives point of view on this. Guess I tend to forget how crazy and busy things can be for these sororities during this time. Looking forward to visiting other sororities this weekend;) rtr!

By: Confused
#3  by: Maybe   

Do they have your daughter's e-mail or snail mail addresses?
Send it to them.

By: Maybe

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.