facebook

teas

by: Active

This weekend, no matter if you are with a group of friends or by yourself, it is so important just to relax and be yourself. If you are trying to be something you’re not, chances are you will not make a connection to whomever you are talking. Dress in something that makes you feel comfortable. (Think casual date- Remember you’re dressing for girls and not guys!) Have fun and keep in mind that we are just as nervous as you are. Also, please do not go in with your heart set on one particular house. If you keep an open mind (you will hear this a million times) you might just be surprised. Also, teas are not the “end all, be all.” If you cannot make it or didn’t get an invite, you will be just fine for formal recruitment.. Hope this helps! Best wishes and Roll Tide!

Posted By: Active
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pnm   

thank you

By: pnm
by: @activeMar 22, 2015 11:22:56 PM

Well stated. None of these should be about social strata, status or anything like that. This is your college experience and being a part of a sorority may be an awesome complement to your time in college. Don't cheat yourself by following the pack, seeking what you think is cool or what your friends talk about. Make your own decisions and be brave. Stand on your own and follow your heart. Each one of the houses has many fine aspects. You will know when you find the right fit. But try to fit your true self. Not some prototype.

By: @active
#2  by: Pnm   

Thank you I was so worried!

By: Pnm
#3  by: @active   

This is so true. I went to a particular house's tea, and literally stayed the whole time because of the connection I had with the girls. When recruitment came around I ended up falling in love and joining a house whose tea I didn't even get invited to!

By: @active
#4  by: ...   

Bump

By: ...
by: MaybeMar 24, 2015 11:30:47 AM

Bump

By: Maybe

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.