facebook

sororites and athletes

by: Sports

Do the sororites allow athletes to join? And if so which houses and how do they manage it all?

Posted By: Sports
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yeah   

It's not really sororities letting athletes join, it's the athletic programs letting their athletes join sororities. I've never seen a soccer or basketball, etc. girl in a sorority here, and it very well may be that they don't allow them to rush. I have a friend playing lacrosse at another school who wasn't allowed to join a sorority. Most of the cheerleaders and crimsonettes are in sororities and they manage it fine what with practice and rehearsal and all. The sorority may give them leeway with attending events, I'm not sure.

By: yeah
#2  by: Guest   

It depends on the sport because some athletic teams are adamant about their athletes joining. I know a girl on the rowing team who is in Gamma Phi, and like the above poster said, cheerleaders and crimsonettes are in sororities. So it depends. Ask the athletic team.

By: Guest
by: We take athletesMar 10, 2015 1:34:23 AM

It just depends if they rush or no due to their commitment to academics and their team. We have plenty in my sorority from cheerleader to track, etc. It makes for a well rounded chapter.

By: We take athletes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.