facebook

legacies

by: Pnm

How much does being a legacy affect your rush? Like what percentage of legacies end up getting dropped?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Bump

By: .
#2  by: Active   

For my house at least, legacy is really only a factor on the first and last rounds of rush. You get a "courtesy ask back" after ice-water teas, and then after that you're kind of on your own. If we keep you until pref, you are pretty much in. So it basically gives you a second chance but in no way guarantees you have a spot in the house

By: Active
by: I do not know what you'reMar 10, 2015 1:17:48 AM

in... My sorority is similar if you preff us you'll most likely be on the first bid list we send out, it honestly just depends. Some girls end in thinking they are a legacy because of an aunt... We only do mom's, daughter, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, etc. Every organization has different definitions of a legacy and a special consideration, i.e. a national VP wrote your rec or knows you, your aunt was in our sorority.

By: I do not know what you're
#3  by: Active   

In my house, there are so many legacies that we can't even give a courtesy invite to second round because we have to cut so many and there are so many legacies coming through. We wouldn't be able to invite back any non legacies if we followed that.

By: Active
#4  by: Breaking It Down    

First, there are many factors and scenarios about legacies.

1. Are you sure your a legacy?

My organization only classifies legacies as a sister, a mother, a grandmother, a great-grandmother, etc to the great-grandmothers. Aunts and cousins are special consideration, but are not treated under the same protocols as legacies. Again, this will differ from house to house.

2. Some girls hold legacy to more than one house, so therefore they may not go one legacy house, but end up in the other, or not in any of her legacy houses.

3. Different legacy "classes" exists:

A. In House Legacy: It can carry more weight if your sister is in the house when your go through formal recruitment, making you an in house legacy, so you have more pull within the chapter house.

B. Legacy to a founding member of the organization, VP on the organizations nationals, or to a founding member of the chapter of UA. Again each sorority judges this differently, but this seems overall to pull more weight,

C. You will not always get a courtesy invite or may be cut, but realize the closer you get to pref for your legacy house, the better the chances of making it to pref, hence if you make it to pref for that house, you're on their bid list SOMEWHERE.

Relax, hope this helped.

P.S if you're not a legacy fund someone that is from a UA chapter or is high working within a specific sorority and it could score you points. AGAIN, it depends on the house, but it will look better.

By: Breaking It Down

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.