facebook

rush/spring teas

by: PNM

Girls currently in a sorority at Alabama:
What was your rush experience like? And do you have any advice for PNM's?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Best advice   

My best advice is to remember that everything happens for a reason. I went into rush with an open mind and have every house a chance. There were some houses that I absolutely fell in love with and others that I couldn't really see myself in. I didn't have the best gpa but the rest of my resume was pretty solid so I thought I would still have some options. When it came to skit round the houses I had on my schedule were not the ones I fell in love with and they were houses that I really felt no connection to at all. However, on bid day when I ended up with a house that I didn't like during rush I met some of my best friends. It's now second semester and I have absolutely fell in love with the house I'm in and honestly couldn't see myself anywhere else even though it's considered bottom tier. My advice to pnms is to trust the system because you may not think it's right when you end up in a house you didn't think you'd like but it might be the best thing that ever happened to you.

By: Best advice
#2  by: help   

As much as they tell you to not listen to tent talk, I didn't believe it. However, I messed myself up in the wrong way, listening to the "top tier" houses and immediately discounting them and thinking I wouldn't get into them because I didn't know anyone, or I wasn't from Alabama. Put your best foot forward at every single house, regardless of what you hear about their reputation.

By: help

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.