facebook

how

by: ...

How in the world is AXO so much more expensive than other sororities? $8500 for the year? Why?!

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

Their dues are also all inclusive. Some sororities have dues that seem lower, but you're required to pay for a bunch of stuff out of pocket throughout the year also. Something to consider.

By: Guest
by: GuestFeb 28, 2015 12:39:39 AM

Does this include t-shirts and random things girls need to buy throughout the year for school supply drives, canned food drives etc?

#2  by: Question   

Where did you hear that?
Don't believe everything you hear.

By: Question
by: GuestFeb 28, 2015 12:39:00 AM

Their dues are around $4000-$4500 a semester, it's a public fact stated on their online brochure.

by: ...Feb 28, 2015 1:13:16 AM

I don't believe everything I hear, but I do believe things that Alpha Chi publishes themselves for preview day.

By: ...
#3  by: I would guess because   

they didn't have a lot of $ banked before building, and then overbuilding and then buying all new decor for their new house. Big mortgage. And T shirts etc. are not included in their "all inclusive" fees.

By: I would guess because
by: ActiveFeb 28, 2015 3:33:29 PM

No, alpha chi has like $400 that are included in your dues that go towards your purchase fund to buy t-shirts and stuff.

By: Active
#4  by: True   

That price includes meals, books, t-shirts, all parties and a low mileage BMW.

By: True
#5  by: Im   

I'm a freshman AXO. Dues are $4500 a semester. All inclusive except t-shirts

By: Im
by: GuestFeb 28, 2015 7:01:00 PM

Alpha Chi published that dues were $4600 first semester, $3900 second.

by: GuestMar 1, 2015 9:33:40 AM

My roommate is an AXO. She said you have a $300 "purchase fund" which is what your tshirts and stuff come out of. So yes the dues are all inclusive.

#6  by: $$$   

When I went through rush I really liked alpha chi and probably would have gone with this house (carried them to the end of rush), but the dues turned me away. Yes, probably the most expensive house to pledge. I'm not saying this makes them a bad house, because it doesn't. But there are houses just as good that aren't as expensive.

By: $$$
by: GuestMar 2, 2015 1:58:25 PM

Girls. Please do not rush unless you're prepared to pay for the sorority with the highest dues. It would suck to fall in love with a house but not choose them because of money. Sororities are about finding where you fit in, not finding where you can afford.

by: GuestMar 2, 2015 3:56:00 PM

..but why would you pledge a house just to drop two weeks later because you can't afford it, wasting a bid and ensuring you won't be able to pledge another sorority for a full calendar year? Money is an important aspect of it, especially to girls who weren't born with a trust fund

by: ^ so trueMar 2, 2015 9:45:03 PM

If money is an issue, PAY ATTENTION to that. Do not get your hopes up and take a bid from somewhere you won't be able to afford--think about the long run. Make sure you will be able to afford the same dues all four years. Watching a girl have to drop due to money problems sucks so so much.

By: ^ so true
by: $$$Mar 2, 2015 9:49:36 PM

Being in any sorority is expensive! But if I could save my parents some money, why not? Especially if there were other houses I could see myself happy in. I love my current house. I'm an OOS student with plenty of expenses. Money matters to my parents, especially since I'm not an only child.

Too say not to rush unless you can "be prepared to afford them all" is bad advice. I'm certain there are girls who drop or get dropped due to it being a financial hardship, no matter the house. Don't say this isn't true, because it is. Why else do you think this question continues to come up?

By: $$$

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.