facebook

theta

by: Curious PNM

I'm just wondering why Theta is considered lower middle/ bottom tier? I have met a few and they seem like nice, laid-back girls.

Posted By: Curious PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

Mostly it just has to do with tradition. Houses at bama aren't actually good because they're good now, they're good because that's the way people think it should be. There's nothing wrong with the girls that choose to go theta/gphi/dg etc., it's just the way things have been forever. Rankings here don't work like rankings at other schools. Also sororities are usually ranked by looks which in the grand scheme of things really means nothing.

By: well
#2  by: to pnm   

There's nothing wrong with Theta, they are sweethearts. They are considered toward the bottom but they shouldn't be. Very laid back and involved on campus. Don't follow tiers because at this school like the person above said they are stupid and not like other schools.

By: to pnm
#3  by: Active    

If you like Theta, that's great! Don't listen to tent talk and like houses because you like them and feel like you'll fit it--not because other people say that they are the best.

By: Active
#4  by: well   

I know a few Thetas here, and while they are mostly very sweet, they've complained to me that girls who have tried to get involved with things like SGA and more prestigious programs/organizations on campus have had trouble. I think the trouble comes from them being not only new row but also a non-machine house. If you're looking to be super involved on campus, it may not be the place for you.

By: well
#5  by: Yea   

Trust me what the other(s) said about sororities being judged based on looks it slightly true, but not every year the "top houses" get the prettiest pledge class or the best, honestly each house fluctuates every year and after a few, the older pledge classes cycle out and they get a new "look" everyone perceives a house as, although some are old stereotypes that stick.

By: Yea
by: JLFeb 26, 2015 10:13:13 PM

I've seen some gorgeous thetas

By: JL
#6  by: From A Guy   

I have plenty of Theta friends who I like and think are very cool, but it really just boils down to one thing: they aren't nearly as attractive as plenty of other sororities at Alabama.

Now there are lookers, true, but the average is less than other sororities here, and that is fine. There's a plethora of different girls in each sorority, and if theta attracts one of those demographics more than another, then who cares? Not a big deal.

Another reason, which depending on who you are may be pretty important, is that Theta kind of does its own thing on campus. They're embrace the role of the black sheep and so a lot of fraternities and sororities don't like getting involved with them.

By: From A Guy
#7  by: @lol   

Nothing is wrong with them! I swear, if you took any Alabama sorority and put them at any other school, they would all be top tier. Everything is just so cut throat competitive here! there are a lot of insecure girls who live to try to put others in their "place." They hate that the "bottom" sororities are good and only getting better. This makes us all stronger! I wish some of these deranged girls would see that!

By: @lol
by: AMar 6, 2015 3:52:57 PM

Bump

By: A
#8  by: Active   

Besides my sorority, Theta is my favorite. They are down to earth and very involved on this campus. Don't let tiers influence your decision.

By: Active

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.