facebook

pre-med

by: Jdfididi

Which sororities/fraternities have the highest amount of pre-med students?

Posted By: Jdfididi
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Idk about others   

I'm a tridelt and I know we have a bunch of premed/nursing majors. Probably cause it applies to our philanthropy.

By: Idk about others
#12  by: DG   

ADPi, Tri delt, AGD, XO, and AXO are the top five in grades. They all have a ton of girls in engineering and pre-med/nursing.

By: DG
#13  by: Lol   

Nursing isn’t pre med

By: Lol
by: tbhOct 29, 2022 10:39:10 AM

right like pre health is not pre med. ik way more pre health girlies than pre med here if i’m being real

By: tbh
#14  by: o   

Pro tip (you will thank me later). Pick an undergrad major that allows you to pursue a career without needing to go to med (or law, for that matter) school. Pre-med/Pre-law majors can get limiting should you end up deciding (or not qualifying) to go to med/law school.

By: o
#15  by: Active   

There are advantages to joining any of the chapters, if you are pre-med- mainly networking and mentoring

By: Active
#16  by: pagirl   

Don't worry about what house has the most premed majors. Select your house because you connect with the girls and can see yourself being happy there. Everything else will follow after that. You may bond with a few girls in your house that are premed, but you may find your core study group composed of girls from another house. It happens and don't worry about it.

By: pagirl
#17  by: NR   

NR is where you will want to go. Those houses offer bids to a lot of OOR girls that are at Bama because of generous automatic out of state scholarships based on high GPA and high ACT scores.

OR mamas are going to down vote this like crazy and point out those 10 OOR girls their house has with real majors BUT it has to be said that the majority of Southern girls joining sororities want to gain social clout and find a well bred Southern man to marry. OR gives 85% of its bids to Southern girls.

Getting engaged senior year is a thing on this campus- "ring by Spring" is actually a phrased used or mocked depending on who you are.

By: NR
by: kkoNov 2, 2022 12:07:48 PM

Crack me up OR mamas. Everyone has a dream and some girls want to find their man and marry. I wish them happily ever after, but that is not the route I am looking for senior year.

By: kko
#18  by: newbs   

I wish people would stop stereotyping groups.

My advice, go through recruitment and see who chooses you and then who you have remaining to choose. Do not worry who has the most premed majors. First, you want to feel comfortable in the house you pledge and if you are heavily factoring in who has the most premed majors I think you will be making a big mistake. Second, many who start premed as a major do not finish as a premed major.

I came in with very high grades and national merit status. The house I chose would probably shock people. I did not focus on academics because I knew I would focus on my studies regardless of where I ended up. I also knew there would be members that had insanely easy majors and also those with challenging majors. The houses are huge and with 400 women there will be a variety of intelligence levels/majors. I wanted to find great friendships first.

By: newbs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.