facebook

More and more from north

by: North

I am from south jersey and am still amazed that there are around 10 kids from each school around me coming to alabama. I am at my old high school for the weekend so I have been asking everyone...the merit money plus competitive scholarships make it so affordable to come here that it's stupid to go anywhere else. The weather being better also helps. Every year the numbers increase and everyone I spoke to is going to rush. My sorority doesn't have many new jersey girls so I would love to have some more local girls.

Posted By: North
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !   

That's great! I know Alabama became popular where I'm from because they started going to the college fairs. I'm in a colder weather state too and everyone seems to want an SEC school.

By: !
#2  by: Career student huh babe?   

LOL. 80% acceptance rate!! Yeah grad school! Good idea!! They’ll certainly accept you from 80% acceptance rate and not a half way decent college.

By: Career student huh babe?
#3  by: yes   

Yes, this is an easy school to get into, but the money is so good. I rather go here than a better school and be in debt. I got accepted to better schools but my parents told me I had to go where I was offered the most money so here I am. Not from NJ, but I feel like when I go out I meet NJ people all the time. The NJ people may be the same number as Alabama kids one day lol

By: yes
by: YayApr 23, 2024 9:54:50 PM

Rutgers South

By: Yay
by: ! Apr 24, 2024 2:12:32 AM

Yes when out I really feel like I hear Jersey a lot and Chicago too. There are nights I don’t talk to any alabama people . The school does amazing recruiting in the north they have been aiming for the smart kids with their merit but getting so much more

By: !
#4  by: steph   

Go to any major city with a college fair and Bama is there. They have so much merch and hustle to recruit. Bama is SEC and offer everything you could want in college along with some nice merit money. They know they will get that money back and then some with all the spending students and their families will do.

By: steph
by: agreeApr 24, 2024 8:14:42 AM

Yes! Alabama totally makes the money back that they give in merit. Because for every student getting merit there are also oos students paying full price because their friends are going and who doesn't want to go to a successful SEC school. Everyone benefits. The town gets people from all over the country spending $$$. Airlines get all the $$$ from now having to fly more to Birmingham. Lots of people making $$ driving students to the airport etc Alabama's business model and recruiting strategy is definitely working.

By: agree
#5  by: Nj   

I'm from NJ and over the past few years Alabama has been mentioned a lot. When my brother and sister were looking at colleges no one even thought about coming down here. I just think the value can't be matched by northern schools even northern schools with big sport programs don't give close to the amount of money bama does. last year the majority of my floor was oos (many also jersey)

By: Nj

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.