facebook

Tik tok showing real side

by: Out

Anyone see the tik tok about the fines for missing event etc. I think it’s funny as it’s so true for the sororities . Sometimes pnms need to see the other side. Any pnm reading this - it is not just the sorority of the girl that posted .

Posted By: Out
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: umm    

Everyone here in a sorority knows they will be fined for missing mandatory events. This is not news.

By: umm
by: $$Apr 9, 2024 6:54:33 AM

We know in the sorority, but I don't think pnms know that much. I have had friends in the sorority on the tik tok that dropped because they didn't think they were serious. It's not just a rumor or joke sorority life is a commitment. The girls need to know that going in.

By: $$
#2  by: noop   

It would be nice if it was all more transparent. We all know because we are in Bama, but many pnms really have no clue. Especially requirements during Homecoming.

By: noop
#3  by: Benefits = Effort   

Any organization in the world that has great member benefits and advantages, and is popular and desired, is that way only when all the members invest their time and energy and money back into the organization. But when you have never realized that because you were just handed everything, and others did the real work so all you did was receive the benefit from it, well, there comes a rude awakening.

You can explain this until you're blue in the face and girls still won't get it. Panhellenic could make a stronger point of the requirements of membership going into recruitment, but that won't deter anyone from rushing and the lesson won't really sink in until these girls actually live it out in real life.

By: Benefits = Effort
#4  by: tt   

I think it was a beneficial tik tok so a pnm would see oh wait the girls really do get fined? Yes, fines for missing chapter etc. You owe money, you miss date parties. I really didn't think much about it during rush. I didn't realize that much about mandatory events. When all you see on social is the fun you don't realize that there is a serious time commitment with some annoying things: chapter, greek points, homecoming pomping, etc.

By: tt
by: curious Apr 9, 2024 2:49:35 PM

is this the tiktok that got all the attention for $4000 fines right before the HBO doc came out or is there new one?

By: curious
by: No Apr 9, 2024 6:56:05 PM

No it’s a new one that was posted I think a day or two ago but not there anymore. They were fines for a recruitment workshop and another for Easter egg donation. I laughed as my sorority has fined for random things too(like the eggs everyone domes for recruitment)

By: No
#5  by: well   

The panhellenic has a page on sorority expectations. Read that.

By: well
by: Yeah Apr 9, 2024 6:53:21 PM

Yeah it does but panhell doesn’t know all. Please the amount of times we had to keep things quiet. Panhell also says no dirty rushing and we know how that goes….

By: Yeah
#6  by: def   

I was surprised at the fines. It does vary by sorority too. Some sororities don't fine for some things and others have more things that they fine for. The only time I really remember learning about the real fines was in the first few weeks after bid day. I think a lot of girls don't know that a sorority is not just a bunch of parties it is a big commitment on time and if you don't give your time you will have to give your money. I think if more pnms knew more going in, there would be fewer drops.

By: def

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.