facebook

Rushing as a pnm from Canada

by: canpnm

Is it likely that i would get a bid from a house? I dont have any connections/know anyone in any house but want a bid so badly. We dont do gpa in BC but i have a 97% average. What are things I can do to maximize my chances? I read kd and kkg only take southern girls so I’m out, but could I get a bid at another house?

Posted By: canpnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Advice   

Be careful what you post. You will out yourself.

By: Advice
#2  by: vv   

GR is not your friend. Do not worry about knowing anyone. There will be plenty of girls that do not know anyone coming to Bama. You can try and make some connections online before you get to Bama. Reach out to get recs from alums if at all possible. Even if you have to contact alums out of area. Make the effort and explain your situation. Be open to all houses and don't worry about the houses that don't invite you back. There will be houses that are interested in you, so be confident and stay positive.

By: vv
#3  by: Facts   

There are 18 sororities with almost 8,000 members here. A huge amount of members did not know anyone before coming. Over 90% of PNM's get a bid and if you can present yourself well and carry a good social conversation you will get one. The vast majority of the PNM's who don't get a bid is by their own choice. Don't pay attention to what is posted on here about sororities and take ig and tt with a big grain of salt.

By: Facts
by: agreeApr 8, 2024 10:09:35 AM

^THIS

By: agree
#4  by: Pnm   

I wouldn't go in thinking about any house offering you bid or not. I was surprised completely during rush. Don't pay attention to this site too much. If you go in with an open mind, present yourself well both in appearance and conversation, you will get a bid. In the meantime, get involved with service organizations, join more clubs, travel. The more you do the more you have to talk about with the active memembers.

By: Pnm
#5  by: E   

yes! if you maximize your options and keep an open mind, i'd say you're very likely to get a bid! one of my friend's grand-big is canadian and she was very desired by some houses. good luck <3

By: E

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.