By: Bama
by: Greek Feb 21, 2024 2:56:58 PM

DG is at or below all sorority, GPB is below all undergrad

By: Greek
#12  by: Bama    

Top 4 are solid

By: Bama
#13  by: I agree    

I agree with this the only one I’m not sure is agd. While a solid house I don’t know where they actually fit. I think you will see them in ranks higher because they are old row. But without that label I really don’t know

By: I agree
#14  by: DG DOWNNN   

Not a good sorority

By: DG DOWNNN
#15  by: Hi   

AGD has the highest retention rate of ALL the sororities so it definitely is in the top.

By: Hi
by: ButMar 2, 2024 4:43:58 PM

It’s one of the weakest socially so that takes it out of running for top

By: But
by: WrongMar 2, 2024 4:58:11 PM

They do just fine and are social with who they choose.

By: Wrong
by: KayMar 5, 2024 10:03:00 PM

They chose nobody….they aren’t social

By: Kay
#16  by: Wrong   

No one joins a social sorority based on gpa ranking.

No one.

By: Wrong
by: Correct butMar 2, 2024 2:19:14 PM

You are correct however, academics are definitely a factor in which girls get invites to certain houses. Top houses are top in multiple categories one of which is academics. If it were just based on academics AGD would be top every semester but social, involvement, sisterhood, retention, and philanthropy all play a role in determining a house rank and houses with low academics will never be top tier.

By: Correct but
#17  by: mmm   

move kappa up

By: mmm
by: NoMar 5, 2024 7:07:36 PM

Kappa won’t move up for awhile . There is no reason to. They are seriously just mid now .

By: No
#18  by: Ranks    

I’ve never got the big deal about tri delta at alabama . Just a mixed bag. Doesn’t stand out to me as a group or as an individual. Some pretty girls, some not. Not the best in grades (AGD) or glamorous/refined (PM). Tri delt is just mid to me.

By: Ranks
#19  by: bella   

I think we need to factor looks in a bit more and not push it to the side as much as we do. The grades are all so close when you compare them and most pnms are not heavily looking at the gpas when they go through recruitment. The looks factor is a bit more obvious and it is a strong factor to many young girls. Most pnms want that house with good looking girls, solid social schedule, and good overall reputation. They don't dwell on if the house has a 3.4 or 3.6 average. They don't debate if they were #3 or #5 in raising money for philanthropy. They might want OR over NR, but it is not a deal breaker for many pnms.

By: bella
by: LooksMar 6, 2024 8:48:12 AM

All the houses have beautiful girls. There's no way to quantitatively rank a house on a subjective ranking.

By: Looks
by: YesMar 6, 2024 11:35:22 AM

Agreed. That is why the new row houses need to move up. Since I started here the top ranks always included the old row houses that we all knew weren't that great (actual people that go here). All the old moms on here were like oh these new row houses aren't respected etc. But, these NR houses are better with grades, more involved in their philanthropy, more social, and wanted more by pnms. When you go out to bars or fraternities or go to club meetings I have to say the new row girls are all there all the time. If we did honestly on popularity with pnms - instagram followers and tik tok followers would be a better indicator. They are the houses they want. I have to say I was invited back to a few old row houses throughout rush and went to pref at one. However, I didn't know much about them as they were so quiet and when I researched them I didn't find much, but yet they were constantly ranked high on here. That's how you know alumni and parents are on here more than the students. They don't realize old row isn't as great as it may have been "back in the day".

By: Yes
by: peachMar 6, 2024 11:38:57 AM

You are right beauty is subjective, but pnms do not care about the grades or money raised during recruitment. Majority are looking at other factors when they are looking for their house.

By: peach
#20  by: PC 24   

The top three to me now are AGD, PM, and XO.

By: PC 24

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.