facebook

Old Row Descriptions from Personal Experience

by: 2023

XO- Really sweet girls with a reputation of being religious and smart across campus. Definitely southern but you’ll see a handful of their top pnms from Colorado, California, etc. Well-liked across campus but also thought of as a little more quirky and laid back than the rest of old row. I think they get more of a mix than ppl think and there’s really a lot of diversity between the friend groups. Spends a lot of time at KA and Phi Delt, but other than that a wild card. Would mostly compare them to DDD or AXO.
PM- The quintessential Alabama pageant girl in my opinion. Phi mu girls usually fall in two camps, half are southern ultra-religious conservative orange blondes and the other half are ZTA party girls (neither meant as an insult I swear.) Either way, these girls are all very pretty but many of them seem superficial. They’re a lot more involved academically and on campus than ppl give them credit for. Super desirable if you fit the mold and a little cringy if you don’t. Overall, a bit of a black sheep on OR as they’re much more of a “social media” house and oftentimes don’t hang around the same fraternities as most of OR. Mostly hangs with SNU, ATO, Phi Gam, Phi Delt and PiKapp. Would mostly compare them to AXO and ZTA.
KD- Really cool girls tbh. Probably the least involved OR sorority, which makes them lose points for academics but they have a good philanthropy. Very southern and usually a copy-paste mold of wealthy pretty girls from Mtn Brook, Mobile, Atlanta, and Dallas. Theres usually also a couple friend groups from NY, NJ, but very few girls from out west. Definitely cliquey but not as much in-house drama as other houses. These girls aren’t the most academic or religious, but very social. Fun girls, usually laid back and dress a bit more conservative. Super desirable if you’re from the south. Big partiers, and you’ll usually catch them around DKE, KA, and SAE. Most similar to Kappa.
AXO- Really sweet genuine girls. Definitely have a reputation for being BY FAR the most involved sorority. Mostly southern, but take plenty of OOR girls as long as they have the stats and resume to supplement. Also known around campus for being very religious, but I feel like there’s a lot of mixed political views within the house. Does not have a reputation for partying much but very put-together sisterhood. Doesn’t always fit the “old row look” but that’s not a bad thing at all. Super desirable to OOR girls looking to go OR and southern girls looking to be very involved in campus. Not honestly sure which fraternities AXO is mostly affiliated with and I feel like they go a little all over the place. Most similar to AGD, PM, and XO.
DDD- Really nice girls with very mixed pledge classes. Tri delt is such a gamble to me, there’s a lot of very cute southern party girls and also a lot of more instagram model OOR girls. They have a great reputation across campus, but don’t really have a cohesive image. They’re fun, usually bubbly and laid back, not the most academic but does well. Most of the local girls who do not go KD or Kappa end up choosing DDD, but I wouldn’t really compare tri delt to the two. I think tri delt is moving toward a more emphasized social media presence while trying to avoid the same route as zeta and phi mu. Popular among fraternities, and usually hang with Phi Delt, SNU, KA, and Phi Gam. Most similar to XO and KD imo.

REST IN COMMENTS

Posted By: 2023
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yep   

@2023, nailed it! Very positive analysis of OR. Can you please enlighten us on NR with accurate, positive descriptions?!

By: Yep
#2  by: Bump   

If you’re a pnm read this!!!!! Especially if your looking to go Old Row but don’t know that many actives or reps!!

By: Bump
#3  by: student    

I feel like you could’ve given an actual tankimh without overkill.

For those wanting OR with class, old money, exclusive conservative… KD, KKG, AGD, XO,somewhat DDD
For those wanting to branch out but still be considered top tier in theit own unique or oor way, also ddd, axo, pm, snd somewhat xo w class…

By: student
#4  by: Not a XO but   

I feel like XO is as involved as AXO, if not more, which wasn’t touched on. They have some real standout members and emphasize involvement a LOT.

By: Not a XO but
by: 2023Jul 10, 2023 6:28:57 AM

This actually totally adds up, personally my chi o friends aren’t super involved but ik they have a lot of capstone women. Sry wish I could go back and edit posts

By: 2023
by: Not a XO butJul 10, 2023 12:13:52 PM

i think involvement is their main standout point if that makes sense. ik they have a “requirement” (not sure how strict) that each member needs to be involved in 2 orgs outside of the sorority. the girls ik in XO are really smart and a lot are in SGA/other big involvement and leadership things. lots on PanX exec too

By: Not a XO but
#5  by: Lllllllllllllllllllll   

Just say you’re an alpha chi who also went to chi o for pref and be done with it.

By: Lllllllllllllllllllll
by: 2023Jul 10, 2023 5:37:31 PM

Def was not lol, and not gonna expose my house rn, but my top three and I endedd up going to my fav were kkg, kd, and ddd

By: 2023
#6  by: This   

Bumping

By: This
#7  by: haha   

This is a lot of words.

By: haha
#8  by: Bumpers   

Bumping for the person that asked about the OR houses. I would say this is still pretty accurate except maybe PM who has taken a couple of different types of girls in the past 2 pledge classes. They seem to be changing away from the pageant/party persona to more of a pageant/religious maybe? Thoughts?

By: Bumpers

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.