Page 1 of 1
#1  by: okayyy   

beautiful and smart

By: okayyy
by: 10Mar 21, 2023 8:29:07 AM

Proud chapters

By: 10
#2  by: mel   

Do people really care so deeply about the gpas? I think they are all solid gpas and see no reason to post this so much on here. It's overdone. People should focus more on their personal gpa.

By: mel
#3  by: Grades are one factor   

These are social organizations. Girls join them to attend social activities, make lifelong friends, and have a team of women to support you. Grades do not make or break a house. However, social calendar opportunities and if the women in your house are nice and supportive of you count way more.

The houses with the top grades like AGD, AXO and XO lack social aspects. They still have swaps, date parties, etc. but its not a priority and attendance is limited unless they make it mandatory.

Also, there are many houses at the top of the list that have the most toxic sisterhoods ever and you could not count on your sisters to support you. Don't sign me up for the PM, KKG, or Zeta sisterhood.

Grades are a component but not really a strong one to consider. A smart PNM isn't going to suddenly not care about her grades because she's in a house with a GPA that is .5 points or less than the top house. The differences are so small, its laughable.

By: Grades are one factor
by: Not laughable Mar 20, 2023 4:45:30 PM

Grades do actually make and brake your opportunities and do influence your social status. You may deny it but you can’t change the rules at Bama.

By: Not laughable
by: Ha!Mar 21, 2023 12:53:12 PM

Ok scholar.
Did you mean to say break not brake? Say no more about the importance of those grades to you.
Classic.

By: Ha!
by: hmMar 22, 2023 1:06:35 PM

Now do the frats. Doesn’t seem to be an issue for them or their social status.

By: hm
#4  by: AM   

I have yet to have anyone ask my gpa or care if I chose my house for its gpa. Ridiculous, but keep believing it matters that much.

By: AM
#5  by: GPA   

My house cares about your grades.

By: GPA
#6  by: GPA   

My house cares about your grades.

By: GPA
by: keksMar 23, 2023 2:37:02 PM

A house should care about gpa. That was never in question.

By: keks
#7  by: Gpa   

Sororities are social, no one joins a sorority because of GPA. Here’s the reason GPA is a big factor in rush: the types of people who have decent gpa’s are usually the types of people who make an effort, show up, care, turn things in on time, have standards for themselves, stay out of trouble, stick around for four years and finish their degree. These types of members make a chapter stronger in the long term, especially if they stay active for four years. You’ll notice the sororities who are strict about gpa standards during rush are also the ones you never see on the cob list. The sorority doesn’t care if you can do chemistry or calculus and they don’t care if your major is women’s studies or engineering, it’s more of a certain type of person they need to recruit to be stronger over the long term.

By: Gpa
by: Social and gradesMar 24, 2023 12:27:22 PM

I am one in the minority that wanted a house with top grades. It was great to see these smart, beautiful and successful girls doing it all. I didn't want a house with a low GPA.

By: Social and grades

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.