facebook

Is greek life here toxic?

by: Deciding

I got a really great scholarship for bama and I’m def going, but I cant decide if I want to rush or not. I’m scared I wont fit in but rushing seems to be a big part of bama. Is it worth it to rush?

Posted By: Deciding
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: uhh   

If ur asking greekrank this, then I don’t think you’re gonna fit in.

By: uhh
#2  by: Guest   

It can be if you join a “top” house but for the most part it’s just a lil toxic.

By: Guest
by: AgreeDec 21, 2020 12:14:44 PM

Exactly it’s just a lil toxic but it’s worth it. I mean you bring together 100 18 yo girls there’s bound to be some drama.

By: Agree
#3  by: advice   

my advice is rush and give it your all and if at the end of the week you don’t see yourself interested drop out

By: advice
#4  by: Completely Serious    

If you actively seek out and engage in drama, you'll find it and you'll find yourself in a toxic situation. If you look for drama and get involved in it or surround yourself with people who decide to also look for and engage in/create any drama, you'll find yourself in toxicity no matter which house you rush and end up in.

If you avoid drama and dramatic people and any toxicity, if you surround yourself with calm and chill people, and you actively stay away from situations that could cause drama, you'll be fine. It's all about how you choose to handle yourself and your level of maturity. Remember that you can always rush and drop your house.

By: Completely Serious
#5  by: Also   

If you join a house and there is drama, think about the girls who voluntarily left Alpha Phi after the Harley Barber racism scandal in 2018, they didn't want to deal with the toxicity or the drama, nationals was coming in to clear out the house of problematic sisters, and so they turned in the it badges and left on their own terms. You can always decide to do that.

By: Also
#6  by: greeks top grades   

Just look at the grade reports and you will see Greeks on average get tops grades.

By: greeks top grades
by: tyDec 22, 2020 12:31:09 AM

where can I find grade reports?

By: ty
by: whyDec 22, 2020 1:17:40 AM

why would that help

By: why
#7  by: Bump   

Bumpers

By: Bump
#8  by: Bump   

Bumpers

#9  by: Bump   

I’m not a robot

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.