facebook

phi mu delta

by: Phi mu delta

I just heard we have a fraternity called phi mu delta. Is this true? I have never heard of it being here or anywhere else in the country. Is it just local or something and where is there house?

Posted By: Phi mu delta
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not anymore   

PMD is a very small national fraternity founded in 1918. They have only 18 chapters/colonies, nearly all of them in the Northeast. They colonized here last fall, but the colony voted to dissolve before they got their charter.

By: Not anymore
#2  by: Why?   

Why did boys join and then decide to vote to dissolve their own house? Too bad it didn't work out

By: Why?
by: I thinkAug 19, 2013 1:38:05 PM

They just realized they didn't have what it takes to be competitive at Alabama. In addition to Old Row and New Row, there are a number of other new/newish off-campus chapters and colonies (Alpha Delt, Alpha Sig, Phi Kap, Sig Tau, Sammy, and TKE) and a couple more coming this fall (Phi Tau, Tau Delta Phi), and PMD just doesn't have the name recognition or national strength of the others.

By: I think
#3  by: Phi Mu Delta   

is one of those unfortunate fraternities that has neither size and national prominence (basically any fraternity with 100+ chapters) or really old, historically important, and/or with important alumni despite being small (DKE, Zeta Psi, Psi U, DU, ADPhi, KA Society, Sigma Phi, Delta Phi, Delta Psi, Chi Phi, Chi Psi, etc.) so competing at a school like Bama is very difficult.

By: Phi Mu Delta

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.