facebook

why

by: confused

so I put my preference list in this order: 1. DG 2. Alpha Phi 3. DZ
I was told the chance of you getting your first choice was practically 99%. but today in my envelope, I got Alpha Phi... what happened?

Posted By: confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Well...   

You got lucky, I guess.I hope you didn't accept APhi cause you are extremely rude to be on an anonymous site complaining about it. I feel confident that sorority would NOT have chosen you if they had any idea you would do this. You should be embarrassed.

By: Well...
by: OopsAug 17, 2013 5:32:11 PM

I meant lucky to get a bid, not to get APhi over DG! That came out wrong. I was just so shocked to see something as classless as this. Either someone has no manners, or someone is trying to advance the reputation of one sorority over the other. Either way it is tacky. Both are very good sororities. I am sure some PNMs would have loved to have had your bid.

By: Oops
#2  by: you   

you weren't high enough on dgs big list. all 3 are great houses go have fun on your retreat and get to know everyon

By: you
#3  by: This is it   

You were not high enough on DGs bid list before they matched to quota. When that happens the computer goes to your second choice and sees where you are on their list. Undoubtedly you were high enough on APhis list that you were lucky enough to get a bid from them. Enjoy and cherish your new sisterhood.

By: This is it
#4  by: bullet dodged   

umm you dodged a bullet getting aphi over DG. wait like a week into swaps and youll be glad that this "mishap" happened.

By: bullet dodged
by: Really??Aug 17, 2013 5:52:53 PM

OH COME ON! It's BID DAY, be nice about every sorority! Obviously girls wanted DG if a girl didn't them as her first choice so let's not bash! BOTH DG and Alpha Phi have a ton to offer and took wonderful girls today.

By: Really??
by: AgreedAug 17, 2013 5:56:24 PM

The OP is a bit tacky, but no need to bash any sorority. She needs to be glad she received a bid and not be on here discussing it. One would think that by now she knows people she trusts to direct this question to, rather than come to this site of questionable reputation.

By: Agreed
#5  by: Rude   

Bullet dodged.... You are rude.

By: Rude
#6  by: Agree   

Not everyone pledges a sorority based on .... Swaps... Really? Pathetic.

By: Agree
#7  by: my guess   

Is you will love alpha phi and will be glad this happened. Give it time. Alpha phi is a good sorority. And, I can bet you were not the only one to get your second choice (or third for that matter). Be happy and report back to us in the future!

By: my guess
#8  by: Seriously   

I know someone who got her third choice today and is completely happy, along with VERY thankful. I also know some who got dropped before pref and would give anything for your second choice. After making it through such a tough week, seeing PNMs get released and lose favorites, I can't believe anyone would do anything but be grateful for getting to run to a house today. Alpha Phi is a great sorority and they really wanted you. Show them you deserved that bid. I'm betting you'll love it.

By: Seriously
by: Yes!Aug 18, 2013 1:06:52 AM

Couldn't have said it any better!

By: Yes!
#9  by: So...   

If Alpha Phi sent you running to the great source of truth and wisdom known as Greek Rank, what would a bid from DZ have done? Sent you into a catatonic stupor? This whole thread is silly. APhi and DZ are both great houses. You should be ashamed to come on here and whine. You are lucky you got a bid. Be thankful.

By: So...
#10  by: confused   

Omg. im not trying to he rude at all! get it together, people. I never said I didnt like APhi and never said anything bad about them. everything happens for a reason, I was obviously meant to be an Aphi. im just curious as to how that 1% chance happened. jesus.

By: confused
by: So sorry...Aug 18, 2013 12:52:19 PM

Then you chose a bad way to express yourself. No denying that. You could have inquired discreetly instead of coming on Greek Rank, which isn't known as a source of truth( as the person above stated). You came across as rude and disgruntled and you needed to be told that. Now...that said, enjoy your pledgeship in a wonderful sorority.

By: So sorry...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.