facebook

gpa and act score

by: smarty or dumby?

if my act is a 29 but my gpa is a 3.25 will sororities consider me smart or no?????? i don’t want to get dropped from my favs because of my gpa that is only low bc of fresh and soph year :(

Posted By: smarty or dumby?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: R   

They will see you as ok. Just ok

By: R
by: really?Apr 23, 2019 5:05:29 AM

a 29 on the ACT is way above ok. top percentile at Bama.

By: really?
#2  by: grades   

It's not a tragic gpa but risky for some houses.

By: grades
#3  by: Truth   

The GPA is less than it should be, but the 29 will put you above most of your peers. No worries.

By: Truth
by: scaredApr 22, 2019 2:51:01 PM

should i talk to them about my gpa??? my grades all junior and senior year were all as and some high bs but freshman and sophomore year brought my grades down a. lot i want to explain that i’m a good student

By: scared
by: ^ Apr 22, 2019 3:56:16 PM

Don’t bring up your GPA unless they bring it up. 3.25 isn’t the best GPA and some houses might not like that, but there’s nothing you can really do about it now. The best thing you can do is put your best foot forward. Make sure you really shine on your resume, look as nice as you can during recruitment, and keep a positive attitude!

I just read in last year’s Greek Chic that you’re in the green zone if you have above 3.2, which you do! That means you’re not likely to be limited because of your GPA.

By: ^
#4  by: it’s okay   

i know a girl who got a bid from a top tier house with a pretty low act (22 i think) and a 2.8 gpa so you should be okay!!

By: it’s okay
#5  by: grateful   

thank y’all so much for the help!!!! 💗

By: grateful

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.