facebook

phi mu is the classiest sorority at bama

by: Phi Mu

I am not a Phi Mu since I am a man, but if I were a woman, I would totally want to be a Phi Mu.

They are the classiest sisterhood at Bama.

Their cool password is "Mizpah", meaning "watch." This serves to remind us of the secrecy with which we must guard Phi Mu's mysteries. After giving the knock and before entering the room, you must give this password in a low voice to the Doorkeeper.
One Hand, One Heart, One Destiny is the secret motto of Phi Mu. After being admitted by the Doorkeeper you must make this sign to the President who will respond in the same manner.
Phi Mu's flower is the rose carnation, which in the language of flowers means Woman's Love or Sisterhood.
You have already had the privilege of wearing the rose and white. Now you will learn their meaning. The rose symbolizes the social aspects of our companionship, and the confidence which enables us to trust our sisters not only with our sorrows, but with our hopes and joys as well. The white symbolizes the depth of purpose which underlies the joys of fraternity, comradeship and the purity of character which is our ideal. Together they form the Bond of Friendship which unites all Phi Mus.
PRESIDENT: You will now learn the symbols of our coat-of-arms.
PLEDGE DIRECTOR, stands behind the small altar upon which stands framed copy of coat-of-arms, lighted by a single 16-inch white candle in star shaped candle block. She points to the symbols of the coat-of-arms as she speaks of them: Besides the flower and colors, Phi Mu is known among other fraternities by the coat-of-arms and badge. The insignia or Phi Mu are the lions; the shield; the three stars; the lamp; the badge; the hans, the heart, the colors, and the metal; and the bond bearing our open motto.
Before you is Phi Mu’s coat-of-arms. Two lions uphold the shield bearing the most sacred symbols of our Fraternity. They typify strength; the strength of the individual member and of the whole Fraternity. It is the strength of purpose, the moral and spiritual strength of her members, which makes it possible for Phi Mu to hold her high place in the Fraternity World. It is the strength of a great ideal which holds Phi Mus one to the other. Keep strong hands, strong hearts and strong ideals. Strong girls make strong chapters, and in her chapters lies the strength of Phi Mu, which alone keeps unblemished the fair shield upheld by the lions. The shield is the symbol of protection which Phi Mu offers to each of us.
Upon the shield are emblazoned three golden stars against a red background as symbols of the secret motto of Phi Mu; One Hand ─ the hand of perfect friendship; One Heart ─ full of love for our sisters; and One Destiny ─ Ideal Womanhood. Below the stars upon the shield is the badge. The lamp of knowledge crowns the shield, shedding its light over the lions and the badge. Below the lamp is the torse or “wreath of colors", bespeaking the romantic aspects of group life, "Or" and "gules" and "sable" shine forth upon our arms. "Or" which is the gold of the sun, stands for light and learning and the nobility of our purpose; "gules" is the rose colored symbol of courage; "sable" is black, the color of night, and symbolic of the secrecy, with which we must guard Phi Mu's mysteries.
At the feet of the lions, binding them together, is the bond bearing our open motto “Les Soeurs Fideles” or “Faithful Sisters.”

Posted By: Phi Mu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Horrible    

I am a Phi Mu and I know that our secrets are up on the Interner, but it is STILL horrible that you took the initiative to post them on this site.
You clearly have no respect for the sacredness of our ritual.

SHAME on you

By: Horrible
#2  by: D   

"Ideal Womanhood" 😂😂😂

By: D

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.