facebook

rushing out of state

by: .

do girls from out of state have a disadvantage when rushing? do sororities care if you’re out of state or not? I’m from new york city and i’m gonna be rushing in the fall and wanted to know if being from here affects if i’d get a bid.

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Aunt Gin   

60% of students are from out of state. Get recs! Go wit the sorority that feels right to YOU.

By: Aunt Gin
#2  by: 77   

You will be fine if you keep your social media clean, cute and fun; get your recs; and try to figure out if there are any UA sorority members from your school or area that you can reach out to for advice (they can talk to you until May). If you can't get any connections/outreach together, that is fine, but if you want to have a shot at old row they sorta need to know you are coming. Now is the time to get on their "good" lists. If they don't know you at all, it is an uphill battle for invites and bids from those houses.

By: 77
#3  by: djgh   

New York pnms do well. It does not matter where you are from. For the most part NY pnms end up in new row houses, but getting a bid is not a problem unless you are just really bad GPA risk and do not present well (like, at all).

By: djgh
by: . Feb 25, 2019 12:19:17 PM

thank you so much! should i bother with them though? are new row houses as good as old row? is there any difference in them?

By: .
by: lmaoFeb 25, 2019 12:36:31 PM

troll. “are new row houses good as old row”

yes, they are. every house here is amazing.

By: lmao
by: JjMar 4, 2019 10:07:54 AM

Ya know, not every house here is amazing. A house is only amazing if it is the right fit for somebody. Even then, some houses just don’t have their s.h.y.t together and can be a frustrating place even for girls that have good chemistry there (because too many other members just wander around and fade in and out and don’t really do anything)

By: Jj
#4  by: .   

i was just asking!! i’m sure they are

By: .
by: Depends on the girlFeb 25, 2019 11:19:20 PM

With an “Old Row” house, you will get a more traditional Southern vibe. If you’re from out-of-state and you really want to meet people that are more southern while you’re here, it will happen a lot more often in an OR house. You will meet and swap with more OR fraternities. In OR or NR, you get to live in mega mansions that are amply staffed and you will get plenty of chances to meet cute (enough) guys in fraternities. There is is huge difference in the pledge class sizes from fraternities versus sororities (like 5-1 ratio) so don’t be surprised if you’re spending waaaay more time at swaps with your sisters than the boys.

By: Depends on the girl
#5  by: yeye   

yes

By: yeye
#6  by: Jj   

If you are from out of stay, like way out of state, such as from New York here is the thing: the old row houses are the most sought after because of general status and legacies. So they generally have to cut the most pnms early in the process to keep the parties on track. But it is impossible to know everyone or have enough due diligence on everyone. So they tend to bring forward pnms they already had on their radar. To get on their radar you need to have some in-house connections. Short of that, a legacy situation that is particularly strong can help a little. Then you have to have an in-house advocate. Randoms from New York can come in and just kill it and be awesome and move through the process with top houses on their cards, but it is very rare.

By: Jj
#7  by: :)   

You will be fine just be yourself and you will end up where you need to be. If you already know of some that you are interested in but you don’t have any connections then put bama ‘23 in your bio and follow a few girls from the house. That will kinda get your name out there.

You are going to be fine though. There is a perfect fit for everyone !!

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.