Mid: PBP, ADPi
Lower mid: DG, Gphi, APhi
Bottom: DZ, AOII, Theta
Very bottom: SK

Posted By: Hey
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uh   

Yes you can because Chi O is almost not a factor to OOS girls during rush. (Not including Deep South, especially Mississippi)
For now keep AXO up top but if they have one more average pledge class, combined with their lack of social relevance, they’re in danger of getting knocked down to lower top. The top 6 are practically interchangeable.

By: Uh
by: JJan 28, 2019 10:36:42 PM

It truly is shocking how socially irrelevant AXO has become. Have they always been this way?

By: J
by: 77Jan 29, 2019 6:18:02 PM

It is shocking if you go by ranks on Greek Rank, but not if you are on campus. AXO girls are great, but being social butterflies is not their thing. They also don't join things like crazy and instead seem to focus on their own deal and their classes. All laudable attributes, but it is hard to compete with the very "socially relevant" houses if you are hitting the books like they do (on average).

By: 77
#2  by: 77   

I would swap DDD and XO based on results this last recruitment and the couple before that. I am a senior and when I got here XO was definitely on or near the top but then they had some, ahem, PR issues and also they have not kept pace with going after top OOS/OOR but instead have stayed sort of insular.

By: 77
#3  by: Are you on campus    

Axo is the most involved sorority on campus - criticize people if you must- but at least make it plausible.

By: Are you on campus
#4  by: Social   

How do you define “socially relevant?” Is it participating on campus, being friends with other chapters and independents, participating in all homecoming events anc Greekweek, being president of campus organizations and church groups.... or is it being seen at bars and partying?

Let people choose where they fit in. Some chapters here like to party more than others but I don’t think that makes them “socially relevant”. Being social is being friendly and friends with lots of people.

I think every sorority here is socially relevant in their own way.

By: Social
by: HmJan 30, 2019 12:27:36 PM

I would argue that most of those are being involved. You don’t have to be a wild party house to be socially relevant. Phi Mu for example isn’t wild but is far more social. (They have their issues I’m just pointing this out) Alpha Chi is expected to basically not show up. Sure they have their own date parties and swaps but they’re normally not out as much and nobody talks about them except during rush and when they bring up for the 400th time their top grades. Good for them, it’s impressive, but we all freaking know who has the best GPA. Yes being involved is kind of social, but when people dismiss you as boring, I’d say you’re socially irrelevant. It’s Alabana, it’s a party school. Alpha Chi is a great house with great attributes and can certainly do their own thing, but they’ll have to live with most others forgetting about anything other than their grades.

By: Hm
#5  by: Do u go here    

Socially relevant is literally the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Please God, let me have more to my life than to be considered socially relevant by a mom stuck in the 80s.

Chi O, Alpha Chi, Phi Mu and Alpha Gam are the girls on campus with the most visibility, most Capstone Women, most involved. Chi O and Alpha Chi are seated in the best seats in the stadium BECAUSE of their grades and involvement. And they fill those seats and stay 4 quarters and cheer.

Phi Mu , Chi O and Alpha Chi are consistently the winners of homecoming week .... this year being Alpha Chi. They did not sit inside studying to win that. Chi O had the SGA President 2 years ago and should have again if the machine didn’t exist.

There are chapters here- and I will be polite and leave off names- who you probably are referring to as socially relevant who do not participate actively in Greek Week, Derby Week, on campus activities or get to know others outside their group. It’s just hilarious what people want to criticize. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Do u go here
by: We all have dumb stereotyJan 30, 2019 2:17:18 PM

So a house should be top because it recruits girls to win homecoming? Clearly we have different criteria. I’m not saying Alpha Chi isn’t too, just that it’s boring. They can do their own thing and just live with fact people think they’re irrelevant, just like people think Phi Mus Have sticks up their butts for doing what they do, and Kappas and KDs are wild partiers who don’t do anything else. Greek Week is something houses should participate in, I agree, but several houses opted out of Derby Days for good reason. It’s just a chance for girls to be petty and fight over trying to win some attention from Sigma Chi which is so dumb. A handful of houses have been known to play dirty, and some of the competitions kind of objectify women. Just because certain houses chose not to fight Pi Phi to the death for some dumb frat boys doesn’t mean anything. My house didn’t even bow out and I wish we did.

By: We all have dumb stereoty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.