facebook

sorority transfer

by: ??

I will be transferring in the fall as a junior so I was wondering how difficult it would be to get a bid. I don't really care about the top tier houses, I just want to find genuine connections. I am also out of state so I don't really think that will help me too much lol.

Posted By: ??
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Aunt Gin   

If you have very good grades, you have a very good chance of getting a bid. Sororities are also going to look at activities. You don't have to have a load of them, but two or three things show you don't just sit at home and study every night. Be sure to get recommendations for every sorority. There will be questions about why you haven't rushed before, so be prepared with a good explanation.
And if you HAVE rushed before, that's perfectly OK, as long as you weren't initiated into an NPC group. If so, you would be ineligible to go through. And if you think nobody will know, trust me - somebody will know and tell.

By: Aunt Gin
#2  by: Transfer   

I transferred and rushed this year as a sophomore and it was honestly very rough I got dropped by everyone but my legacy and most other upperclassmen got dropped completely or only had theta lot dz left. Both of the these houses are great houses so if you don’t care about tiers go for it!

By: Transfer
#3  by: !!!!   

don’t forget to get ur recs!!!

By: !!!!
#4  by: Bama or Auburn pick 1   

Are you going to Bama or Auburn? Because you said the same thing both places.

By: Bama or Auburn pick 1
by: ??Jan 12, 2019 9:24:10 AM

Don’t know yet, just trying to get a feel of both of them!!

By: ??
by: Ummm?Jan 12, 2019 11:12:37 AM

Don’t chose the college and the program you get a degree from by the sorority experience. That’s just ridiculous. As a junior transfer, you will need to have at least a 3.2 GPA. Most will want a 3.5 or better. If you have flitted around from university to university, most houses won’t touch you because you’re a flight risk. If you have connections in a house, you might get some pull there. You’re only going to be in a house for 2-2.5 years, so they are going to look for someone who really brings something more to the house than a few semesters of dues. There are plenty of other girls who can fill that kind of spot and will pay for 3-4 years.

By: Ummm?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.