facebook

is

by: seriously

Theta even top at any school, or even GOOD at any school seems like it universally sucks, but why when it has sooo many celeb alum

Posted By: seriously
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: sec   

Theta at UGA has been a very well-respected chapter there for decades.

By: sec
#2  by: Yeah   

Theta is strong in private schools and elite schools, like the Ivy League

By: Yeah
#3  by: GR user   

If only there were a website that could tell you.

By: GR user
by: stupid much?!Nov 3, 2018 8:02:20 PM

yeah duh why im asking on here....

By: stupid much?!
#4  by: Ya   

Theta in TX is huge. Just about any school. Big 10 has them as top chapters too. Southern California also has a top theta chapter.

By: Ya
#5  by: theta   

the Ole Miss chapter literally just announced it was folding. for those who track tiers, it was widely ranked in the bottom. hate that those girls are losing their sisterhood. would love for them to all transfer to UT Austin and Georgia

By: theta
by: WtfNov 4, 2018 9:42:18 AM

Or ya know just not have their Panhellenic community or alumni/moms not be so toxic. But yeah have them all LEAVE THE COLLEGE THEYRE GOING TO because people bullied their chapter into non-existence.

By: Wtf
#6  by: Theta   

I feel like theta is nationally well known and respected but you're right, very inconsistent. I feel like they're usually ranked either upper mid/top or bottom, not usually anywhere in the middle. I also noticed that aopi dz and gphi are very inconsistent in ranks nationally. They're all over the place school to school

By: Theta
by: OpinionNov 4, 2018 10:16:27 PM

I think it's kind of cool that those chapters are all over the place when it comes to "tiers", makes for more diversity of all the members! On a national scale you will find every type of girl in AOPi DZ GPhi etc.

By: Opinion
by: 🤷🏻‍♀️Nov 5, 2018 6:07:38 AM

You can say the same thing except for maybe alpha phi, chi o because they seem like “hot top tier” girls everywhere you go....and then like AST, theta phi alpha, ASA....they’re all pretty much bottom i feel like.

By: 🤷🏻‍♀️
by: ^^Nov 5, 2018 5:31:02 PM

I agree for aphi cus of their recruiting tactics ... even if they’re not top everywhere they seem to cultivate the same image. But Chi O is also inconsistent nationally and has some really weak or non traditional sorority chapters and a lot of mid tier ones

By: ^^
by: @🤷🏻‍♀️Nov 5, 2018 6:50:17 PM

lol nice try chi o... you're not even "hot top tier" here

alpha phi def isn't top tier either but they're at least hot

By: @🤷🏻‍♀️
by: Yee yeeNov 5, 2018 6:58:28 PM

Aphi isn’t top tier OR hot here anymore 😂

By: Yee yee
by: mayNov 7, 2018 12:14:25 AM

I think some sororities - like the ones you mentioned - have regions where they're strong and then where they're not. My sister was a GPhi at Oklahoma (upper mid-tier) and she said most of their strongest chapters are in the Midwest, some Northwest, some in California, Arizona, and then random in other places. They waited late to colonize in the South so it's hard to move up the tiers.

Another example is Phi Mu - they're mainly strong in the South - go outside the region and they're very hit and miss.

By: may
#7  by: I noticed   

Aren't most Theta chapters known to be super academic the same way that APhi and Zeta are stereotyped as being the blonde/pretty sororities? I feel like that would explain why they're very strong at the elite schools and academic public schools like UGA, UT-Austin, and Michigan (when it was still around). When they get their pick they go for rich, classy and smart doctor/lawyer kids but if they're weaker and newer, they only get nerdy and unattractive which is why Theta seems to be really polarizing. They have a "type" that either works really well or really poorly.

By: I noticed
by: ^Nov 5, 2018 3:43:44 AM

Theta at UGA and UT, along with UK and Vandy, is most similar to an Old Row house at Bama, which means onnections are the single biggest factor for getting in. They're more academically oriented (think AXO) at Mizzou, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M.

By: ^
by: YupNov 5, 2018 5:32:35 PM

I def notice this across all chapters. At a fewwwww places mostly in the west coast and Texas they have more of a party rep but usually they cultivate a classier smarter image in a way that others don’t with the same consistency

By: Yup
#8  by: It happens   

Chapters are bullied into non-existence everywhere.

Phi Mu closed at Penn State this year..so it happens to any chapter...anywhere.

By: It happens
by: PNov 5, 2018 6:08:25 AM

Ok so does that make it right?

By: P
#9  by: ThetA def has a rep   

From New England, Theta is THE ivy league pref. Definitely has the intellectual, classy rep.

By: ThetA def has a rep
#10  by: Umm   

Large DI schools where Theta is a top tier, or upper mid. (Think Power 5, plus Ivy and maybe a few others)

USC
UCLA
Stanford
Washington
Oregon State (mid to upper mid)
Arizona State
Mizzou
Oklahoma
Iowa (upper mid)
Ok State
Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Tulane (mid to upper mid)
Kansas
Nebraska
SMU
Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Purdue (upper mid)
Ohio State (upper mid)
Miami University Ohio
Michigan State
Cincinnati
Penn State
Illinois
Northwestern
Florida State (upper mid)
Florida (mid)
UCF (mid)
Duke (upper mid)
Virginia
Maryland
Cornell
Yale
Princeton
Brown
UConn

Theta just struggles in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, North and South Carolina. That's literally it. Everywhere else it's fairly dominant.

By: Umm
by: get realNov 28, 2018 1:42:12 PM

uh i know many many people who go to/went to tulane and it is NOT good there...

By: get real
by: FactsDec 1, 2018 10:23:08 PM

Well - facts are facts and Alpha Phi recruited #1 at 91 of its 170 chapters in the 2017-2018 year. Not first quartile - #1

By: Facts
by: ILLJan 3, 2019 11:12:23 PM

Confirm they are traditionally Top Two (along with DG) at Illinois.

It really varies school to school. AXO is one of the best at Illinois, Phi Mu recently rechartered and has a long road to even be middle.

By: ILL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.