facebook

old row

by: hm

why does this school and this school only care sooo much about old row? at UGA aopi is a top house, adpi is near the top at auburn, and dg is a top house at ole miss... all schools are in the south so you cant just say its a southern thing. It drives me insane because some houses on this campus are only considered top tier because they're old row. not naming any names but... come on now

Posted By: hm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: For what it's worth   

UGA ripped off Bama and now uses "Old Row" and "New Row" as well.

By: For what it's worth
by: rightOct 22, 2018 10:21:46 PM

right because those are pretty unusual words and it's unlikely that sorority row and fraternity row might be described as old and new depending on age and location of the houses

By: right
#2  by: Question   

Honest question here: how would you rank the houses if old row and new row weren't a thing?

By: Question
by: YesOct 23, 2018 4:51:19 PM

Yes I've always wanted someone to do this

By: Yes
#3  by: TX   

UT def has a similar issue but it’s not actually called OR or NR obviously. It’s if you’re not in PKT (pi phi, kappa, theta) or like 2 others besides that you’re worthless to them. But my friends from high school who are there (and not in and of those 5) love their chapters and have fun so who cares.

By: TX
by: TexasOct 22, 2018 3:40:59 PM

It’s called Big 6.....PKT, Chi o, Tri Delt and zeta.

By: Texas
by: 713Oct 25, 2018 1:09:27 AM

PKT has always been a thing, but recently the Big 6 has become more broken up with the emerging strength of APhi there and then AXO to a smaller extent. UT Zeta has always done their pageanty thing but XO and Tri Delta have begun dropping girls after Day One who are the type to go PKT because they no longer want to be seen as the PKT reject sororities. The PKT-type girls who fell through the cracks end up at APhi because XO/DDD have no chill. UT APhi also recruits on looks but because the school needs good grades to be accepted in the first place, it's not like they're stupid.

By: 713
by: ^Oct 25, 2018 12:47:44 PM

Because they're getting Big Six trickle-down, Texas APhi is a million times classier than APhi here or at a school like Arizona where it's all just "facey" and "sceney" and top-tier sororities prance around in bikinis and stripper heels.

By: ^
#4  by: because   

Because the old row fraternities and affiliated sororities were able to con generations of Alabama high school kids it is important.

By: because
#5  by: ole miss   

i go to ole miss and DG is not top tier at ole miss. they just sit on our greek ranks and rank themselves top. they use to be top of mid tier here, but have struggled the last few years and are considered a mid of mid tier

By: ole miss
#6  by: Kw   

Honestly I don’t think houses like alpha gam and maybe xo have much more to offer than new row houses like adpi, aopi, and dg. Like Yeah the old row houses tend to be more religious but they all give back to the university just as much as each other.

By: Kw

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.