facebook

under what circumstances can it happen?

by: Wondering

Just wondering under what circumstances can someone be arrested for posting on greekrank? Obviously I think calling people s.luts and all that will not because that happened the entire summer. So really is it ever possible for anyone to post mean stuff on greekrank and get in legal trouble? Because I feel as if greekrank lets people get away with posting anything... which is very unfortunate as they are condoning cyberbullying.

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Right?   

I wonder this too. When people call me out for my trolling, and remind me about how sad my life really is, or contradict my trolling posts, it's so frustrating and sad. It has to be cyber bullying, right? GR should stop them immediately. It hurts my feelings.

By: Right?
#2  by: Answer   

You will only be arrested if you threaten to physically harm someone. That’s it.

By: Answer
by: Actual answerSep 18, 2018 9:40:17 AM

Incorrect. It is certainly possible to get in trouble on here. One or two posts is trolling, but a persistent pattern of targeted attacks on a person or group or organization is cyberstalking. Cyberstalking is a crime. It includes not only making threats, but also making false accusations, libel, harassment, humiliation, scare tactics, encouraging others to do so, and even gathering information with the intent to do those things. Victims can subpoena the IP addresses, which are all recorded by the site, and build a case. Victims can even come back years after the posts were made and do this until the statute of limitations runs out. And if ever a criminal case can't be built then the victims can sue in civil court for defamation. You leave a trail on here and if any person or organization decides they've had enough then they can come after you with the law on their side.

By: Actual answer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.