facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 6 of 16
#51  by: Actually....   

Top: AXO, XO, Phi Mu, KD, DDD
Middle: Kappa, ADPi, AGD, Pi Phi, AOPi, ZTA
Bottom: Zeta, Alpha Phi, Theta, DZ, DG, Gamm Phi Beta

By: Actually....
by: Really?Oct 8, 2012 9:04:32 PM

Amazing how a house can both middle and bottom tier at the same time! You do realize that Zeta and ZTA are the same organization, right?? So much for your opinion. GDI, much??

By: Really?
#52  by: Clearly   

Phi Mu is not Top Tier. Their snaps have not been edited and there's gonna be a total domino effect. PNM's,are going to look at the "New Phi Mu" next fall, YIKES!

By: Clearly
#53  by: LOL   

look people, the whole "new row", "old row" is just plain stupid. Someone on the old row is in the house for the same amount of time as someone on the new row. Just because a sorority established their chapter on Alabama's campus first, doesn't mean they are any better. If you look at what sororities have the largest amount of girls in their chapter (which in turn makes them the best), you will see that what you have to say is irrelevant.

A number of your "old row" houses didn't make that list.

So stop with the "oh my god, I'm on the old row and what I have to say is important and valid", because you look like an idiot.

By: LOL
#54  by: I say   

Hey LOL, you mus be new to campus.
Old Row does not refer to how long a sorority has been at UA. It's a separate group of fraternities and sororities that pay into a big fund, have a big beer party and get a T shirt. That's all.
The term USED to refer to the old fraternity row around the stadium, but that has shrunk over the years (more rapidly over the last few years as the stadium expands). It had nothing to do with sororities. Top sororities were called the "circle" sororities because AXO, AGD, KD, DDD and XO were close to or on the circle and they were the tops groups on campus.
Did you know there used to be two (actual) circles on sorority row?

By: I say
#55  by: Real tiers   

Have to put this in every so often cause people here are crazy.
The true and actual rankings of sororities at UA:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Delta Tau
Zeta Tau Alpha

By: Real tiers
#56  by: First Circle   

Refers to Alpha Gam, KD, and Tri-Delt -- they were the first groups to build houses on Bama's original sorority row.

By: First Circle
by: Hold on a sec!Sep 4, 2015 6:13:26 PM

Ok KD was the first and I'm pretty dang sure that DZ and Zeta are also some of the oldest, but decided not to go "old row" because they didn't see the point in charging their member more just for the title and a t-shirt sponsorship from a beer company.

By: Hold on a sec!
#57  by: Inner Circle   

So funny because all three of those sororities suck now...especially AGD...they have such a bad rep nationally and most girls shy away from that sorority because they don't want to graduate and have to tell anyone that they were an AGD...nationally they are horrible and KD has been struggling with horrible rate of returns and not meeting quota for years and DDD well they have been barely keeping a decent rep on campus.

By: Inner Circle
by: SeriouslyOct 12, 2012 4:59:16 PM

This is simply not true. Alpha gam alum include amber birkich from Survivor, Meredith Phillips (bachelor and bachelorette), Beth chapman, Lorraine Davis (Vogue editor), and many Miss America contestants. A great group at UA and nationally. UA and Auburn are not the only strong chapters either.

By: Seriously
#58  by: Alpha Gam   

Is a solid house with a lot of tradition (Bear Bryant, anyone?).

I'll agree that nationally they're nothing to write home about. Bama and Auburn are their only decent chapters at big schools.

By: Alpha Gam
by: AlumOct 12, 2012 5:55:29 PM

Other notable Alpha Gams: Ashley Durham From university of memphis & was crowned miss teen USA and miss USA 2011 runner up, Rita Coolidge singer & member of the gamma beta chapter at Florida State. So proud to be an alpha gam!

By: Alum
#59  by: Sorry   

Sorry but AGD is not good at Alabama....they are literally considered the Gamma Phi Beta of Old Row. They are not attractive and kind of a nerdy group of girls......Girls always pledge the better new row sororities over Alpha Gam any day!!! Sorry girls but true!!!

By: Sorry
#60  by: Sorry   

So sorry but Alpha Gamma Delta is not a good house at Alabama. They are not attractive and have a rep for being a rather nerdy sorority at Bama. I know personally that girls rushing will choose pledging the top new row sororities over AGD. Sorry but True!!

By: Sorry
by: HahaAug 17, 2015 11:56:38 AM

"Nerdy" is good, though. These girls could potentially be your future boss, so have some respect!

By: Haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.