facebook

bid selection process

by: confused

can someone please explain how the sororities make their bid lists? for example, if i listed chapter A as my 1st choice and B as second, and got a bid for B, is it possible chapter A had to accept a large amount of girls from pref round who did not make it into their own first choice? if that makes sense? for example if a lot of girls prefed chapter A and chapter C, and picked chapter C(but didn't get in), they would have to go to chapter A. Leaving not as much room for girls who picked chapter A but prefed chapter B also. I am happy with the sorority I got a bid from, and definitely staying in the chapter, but am just curious as how the selection process is made because it seems complicated.

Posted By: confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

have the feeling the same girl or two keeps posting these. Sorry you're so butthurt and think you are better than whatever sorority gave you a bid - I think at this point you owe it to them to drop. Good luck next year (HA yeah right...)

By: ?
#2  by: I agree   

I think that these Confused people are actually just "angered" and need to get out of Greek Life. They obviously missed the bigger point of joining, SISTERHOOD. Tiers don't matter, houses don't matter outside of the one that chose YOU to be THEIR sister. To get to know YOU and cherish, YOU..this is starting to piss me off

By: I agree
#3  by: Sorry   

But member selection is secret for each sorority. We can't and won't divulge that info.

By: Sorry
#4  by: woahh   

chill there girls i think you misunderstood...i didn't post the other topics..i prefed 2 of the top 6 and literally said i am happy where i am!!! the process just doesn't make sense to me. i am not asking how each sorority picks their members. all i asked was if sororities have to take some girls they've ranked lower than others because both the sororities they prefed didn't put them on their bid lists. ive been told that if you are higher up on your second choice than your first that you get your second so everyone gets a bid. clearly i just confused people but whatever. if you are gonna be snotty and not answer the question then don't say anything.

By: woahh
#5  by: Actually   

You're not initiated yet, YOU should chill.

By: Actually
#6  by: ha hahahaha   

If you are on a sorority's first list (the number they can take before meeting quota, you get in if you have them first. The sorority's 2nd list (the rest of the girls they saw at pref not on their first list) is in order of how much they want the girl. So if you're on the second list up high in sorority XYZ, you might get them. If you're low, probably not. If you're low on the 2nd list of both sororities, they do quota additions trying to keep the numbers somewhat evenish. They try to match you with the one you want, but if you're pretty low and a lot of girls want XYZ, you probably will get another choice.

By: ha hahahaha
#7  by: Dammit   

Quit tellin the secrets!

By: Dammit
#8  by: Actually   

It's common sense...think about it.

By: Actually
#9  by: @Actually   

Agreed, you didn't say how they decide you just gave the simple and safe answer so she would understand. No secrets , if there are any, revealed.

By: @Actually

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.