facebook

fall 2016 predictions

by: Fall 2016

Frats: Chi Phi and SNU will continue to be the best fraternities, if only for their alumni base and off campus houses. Kappa Sig has been doing awesome. KA is becoming irrelevant alarmingly fast, but still has a good "gentleman" reputation. Sigma Chi is solid middle tier now, and I predict they'll continue to improve this year. Phi Delt will most likely recruit much better guys than TKE, but both will probably stay on bottom for the next few years. Seriously have no clue where to put Pike. The wildcard this year for sure.

Sororities: I expect the rankings of all the sororities to get closer together. Phi Mu and KD will remain at the top, but AXiD has done really well the past couple of years, and AGD stepped up their involvement last year. Sigma Kappa has also been on the rise. Chi O could go either way, and I saw Delta Zeta drop quite a few awkward girls during informal this spring. All in all, I think all the houses will be pretty selective and get great girls.

Posted By: Fall 2016
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uwggreek    

Rankings I actually agree with

By: Uwggreek
#2  by: thisisstupid   

Agree with most, but Sig Chi isn't a solid middle IMHO. Haven't seen them around much and I wonder how well prepared they are for recruitment.

By: thisisstupid
by: opAug 8, 2016 10:43:36 PM

Who else would be middle then? Chi Phi, Snu and Kappa sig are all considered "top". Sigma Chi has Derby Days and a lot of parties. KA never has big parties and I sure as hell haven't seen them do anything for their philanthropy. There's a huge difference between Sigma Chi and TKE, therefore TKE is bottom, Sigma Chi is middle.

By: op
#3  by: Thisisdumb   

I've still got sigma chi, phi delt and TKE in the bottom.

KA and Pike in the middle. Pike has to prove they've still got it.

Like I said, other than sigma chi, I think you're 1000% spot on

By: Thisisdumb
by: opAug 10, 2016 12:24:22 AM

How can you honestly lump Sigma Chi with TKE? You only ever see DZs and GDIs at TKE parties. Sigma Chi has a bunch of Alpha Gams and Sigma Kappas. No disrespect to DZ but come on. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm in no way claiming to be a greek life expert. I just feel like Sigma Chi has been getting a lot of undeserved hate on this site lately.

By: op
#4  by: UWGOAT   

I think TKE is above Phi right now, simply for the fact that TKE's older guys have mostly graduated, and Phi still has a lot of guys that were signed for numbers. Also, TKEs house has been packed since rush started.

By: UWGOAT
by: ThisisdumbAug 9, 2016 2:56:02 PM

^ I'll give you that. TKE cycled out a bunch of the creepers and there's some decent guys there. Not good enough for middle tier, but I'd dare to put them even (or slightly better than) Sigma Chi.

"
Phi Delt is too new to really know what direction they are going.
Colonizing in the Spring gave them the advantage of hitting up pledges outside of prime time, but also was a disadvantage that they got the Fall castoffs (esp from TKE and Delta Chi) so I don't think it did them any favors.

Let's see if they keep enough men around to fill that 16 bed

#5  by: Thisisdumb   

And by Delt Chi I meant Sigma Chi. Same difference.

#6  by: good but   

You can't put anything on the level with TKE really. Even being Sigma Chi and Phi delt are the newest, the guys they have are more involved, less socially awkward and fit in better than most TKE guys. I would put them tied both with KA.. a fraternity that's pretty irrelevant lately. Also with Phi delt you have to consider a huge chunk of their guys are guys who never completely initiated from Pi Kapp and Delta chi. they're not like a "new fraternity" other than just the name

By: good but
#7  by: thisisstupid   

Watching Phi Delt, Sigma Chi and TKE go at it on these boards is like watching three retards in an octagon.

Chi Phi and Sigma Nu are like watching two cracked-out Johnny Manziels who can't comprehend the trainwreck that's ensuing.

Kappa Sig, Pike and Kappa Alpha have the best views - sitting back and eating popcorn while the world around them burns.

By: thisisstupid
by: WTF..Aug 21, 2016 6:08:48 PM

This is weird AF Pike..

By: WTF..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.