facebook

what do people think of adpi?

by: Excited PNM :)

My mom was an ADPi here and I'm most likely going to UGA next year and was wondering what the chapter is like. I've heard they're top tier but the ones I've met have seemed really snobby and pretentious. That's just not me at all so I was wondering if that's how the chapter as a whole is or not and if so, what other sororities are genuine and nice? My aunt was a Phi Mu and my older sister is a DZ, both at other schools so I'd also like information about the UGA chapters of those! I don't really care about rankings, I just want to find a genuine sisterhood :)

Posted By: Excited PNM :)
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

ADPi is better tha Phi Mu and both are way better than DZ here, but none of them are the most genuine sororities. When I think of genuine, I think of SK, Pi Phi, AOPi, KKG, and even some of the "bottom tier" sororities (that aren't terrible) like DG and AGD. That's just based on who I know in different ones though and there are probably some really nice girls in all of them. Just keep an open mind during recruitment and go with your instincts.

By: Truth
by: PanNov 19, 2015 10:10:20 AM

This^^^

By: Pan
by: Mostly correctNov 25, 2015 4:10:11 PM

I don't think AOPi and AGD are that genuine but I agree with the rest of this. AOPis tend to be stuck up and AGDs think they're better than they are and obsess over ranking. None of the sororities here are terrible though.

By: Mostly correct
#2  by: Theta   

You'd like theta. They're old row, but they're very genuine and there are some really chill girls there.

By: Theta
by: EhNov 18, 2015 10:35:24 PM

Theta can be super cliquey though. They basically made two of the upperclassmen in their last PC drop because none of the freshmen would talk to them.

By: Eh
by: CarlyNov 29, 2015 12:58:40 PM

The Thetas I know are pretty backstabby

By: Carly
#3  by: Hey girl   

The ADPis I know here aren't the sweetest, but ADPi is known to be good here. The old row sororities on campus are ADPi, Phi-Mu, Chi-O, Theta, and Kappa if you're into status. Honestly though, just go through rush though and see how your feel about them. There are good girls in each sorority, so you are bound to find some no matter where you pledge! I think Kappa and Chi-O are probably the chilliest of those though. I have a lot of AOPi friends that are super sweet too and SK and AChiO

By: Hey girl
by: ChilllllNov 19, 2015 12:34:57 AM

I would agree with this! I have a lot of good friends in Kappa and Theta and I think they are really chill

By: Chilllll
by: Not chi oNov 19, 2015 1:26:12 PM

Just my personal experience but every single chi o I've met is rude as hell. Also they're one of the only ones who actual thinks that old row is a big deal. No one else really cares about that outside of Greek rank. I completely agree about the other ones she mentioned though.

By: Not chi o
by: TBHNov 21, 2015 1:04:24 PM

I beg to differ, Old Row here is a key factor here. It determines which frats you will hang out with and which girls are the best on campus

By: TBH
by: Old row irrelevant Nov 23, 2015 3:11:25 PM

There are plenty of sororities that are not old row and still recruit top girls and hang out with top tier frats so idk what you're thinking

By: Old row irrelevant
by: Seriously Nov 25, 2015 3:19:36 PM

No girls like ADPi

By: Seriously
#4  by: Pls stahp   

Old row matters to .001% of people in Greek life at UGA. OP, please don't join a specific sorority just for the title of it. Also they're all pretty great so just be open minded during rush and if you love a house where you're a legacy, that's great but if not, there are many other awesome sisterhoods that you might love as well!

By: Pls stahp

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.