facebook

second bachelor's degree?

by: sorority rush

I would like to go through sorority recruitment; however, I am pursuing a second bachelor's degree at UGA and I am 24 years old. I've always wanted to be in a sorority and would love to be a dedicated member. However, would the sororities consider me too old to join? I haven't registered yet ... should I? Also, is it necessary to disclose my age? I don't want it to hurt my chances.

Posted By: sorority rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: grad   

Are grad students allowed to rush?

By: grad
by: GuestJul 28, 2015 11:13:11 PM

Grad students aren't, but since she is pursuing another bachelor degree I have no idea. Also, I wouldn't just outright say "I'm 24" but I wouldn't lie during recruitment either... That's a weird situation.

By: Guest
#2  by: Guest   

Keep in mind the people in your pledge class will, for the most part, be 18 and 19. Would you really feel comfortable with them? Because you spend the majority of your time with your pledge class. Also, when you live in the house you will be 25/26 living with again, for the most part, 19 and 20 year olds. But if you're comfortable with that then go ahead and sign up!

By: Guest
#3  by: Gigidawg   

maybe look into the new sorority on campus, DPhiE.

By: Gigidawg
#4  by: .   

Sorry, but this is really weird. If you're 24, why would you want to hang out with the 18 year olds in your pledge class? There is a huge difference between girls just out of high school and someone well past undergrad age. Maybe look into DPhiE, but even then, I don't know if they can take someone your age. Other than that, definitely no sororities would take you. Just a little too weird.

By: .
by: ^ DPhiEAug 12, 2015 12:36:20 PM

Will be looking for a wide cross-section of ages and classes.

By: ^ DPhiE
by: wellAug 19, 2015 10:38:58 AM

24 and 18 aren't really that far apart. You can't fault her for wanting to find friendship, a sisterhood, and a place she fits in on the campus.

By: well
by: ChillAug 28, 2015 9:01:31 AM

Way to be negative while not even completely knowing what you're talking about.

By: Chill
#5  by: yes   

DEFINITELY look into DPhiE. They should be looking to take a wide variety of girls with different life experiences to build their founding class.

And being a founding member would be an extremely special and rewarding experience.

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.