facebook

Advice for incoming freshman

by: Rush

If you’re a freshman or just rushing in the fall my best advice is for you to not enter rush with a fixed mindset. I remember going into rush and looking at Greek rank to see what the “top” sororities were. I had a couple in mind that I was interested in and didn’t give much attention to the rest of the sororities before rush even started. I will say I was lucky enough to have a really good rush experience and didn’t get dropped from any houses so I was able to pref any two sororities in the last round. After going through rush and talking to the girls I realized that the sorority I felt most at home at was not one of the “old row / top” sororities that I initially had my sights set on. So I will say don’t pref a sorority just because they might be listed as top on this site because every house is great and at the end of the day you want to pick the one that’s the best fit for you and that you feel most comfortable in. I was so close to making this mistake and preffing a sorority just because it was listed as the top sorority on many of these rankings and looking back I’m so happy I didn’t because it would not have been the best fit for me. Looking back it’s the best decision I could have made. So have an open mind during rush and don’t pay attention to these ranks just enjoy the experience and pref houses because you like the girls and the chapter, not because they’re at the top of a made up list.

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Rush    

Side note this is no hate to old row sororities! I have tons of close friends in these sororities and they are amazing girls and great chapters. This is just based off my personal experience and what the best fit was for me. Just thought it would be helpful to share my experience because I wish someone would have given me this advice during rush.

By: Rush
#2  by: But...   

That's great that you didn't get dropped from any houses, but not the experience that most pnm's will have. The majority will be dropped from at least one or some houses that they really really want, for whatever reasons, and need to understand that when this happens, not if but when, it's not the end of the world for their recruitment or their potential sorority experience. Every house has a similar sorority experience to offer.

To these pnm's: don't make an emotional decision and drop out of recruitment. The houses that did not invite you back are not rejecting you, don't hate you, don't think you are not worthy, don't think that they don't want you as their friend; it is simply that they can only invite back a certain number to the next round and this limits them to not being able to invite back many pnm's that they like just fine. It's a numbers game so don't think it's personal and just hang in there and focus on who wants you.

By: But...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.