facebook

ladies, please enlighten me. what are snap bids?

by: ScottEastwood

I see this mentioned a lot going through old Greekrank posts. Does sorority Thanos snap his fingers and rushes drop dead at an instant? I'm confused..

Posted By: ScottEastwood
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yikes   

haha snap bids occur immediately after bid day, when sororities realize they haven’t met their “quota” for the year. ex. XYZ has a quota of 80 members per pledge class and only 76 girls accept bids, so they might offer 4 “snap bids” to girls who have dropped out of recruitment but they were still interested in. so basically XYZ will call you on bid day (I think you might be able to get one the day after too? not sure) and be like “hey we want you do you still want us”. when someone drops out of recruitment, they go through paperwork asking if they are interested in this or COBs (continuous open bidding). COBs are handed out all year long and are often presented when someone in XYZ drops later in the year, so there is a spot open (I had a friend join a sorority in September).

By: yikes
by: ScottEastwoodMay 15, 2019 4:52:09 AM

That was a very, very thorough explanation. Thank you, I really appreciate it! I don't think fraternities (at least mines) here do this, as it seems of more like a sorority rush thing.

Do snap bids happen with all tiers of sororities (top middle and bottom)?

By: ScottEastwood
by: ugaMay 15, 2019 7:44:22 AM

good job

By: uga
by: ugaMay 15, 2019 2:39:53 PM

I agree.

By: uga
by: yikesMay 15, 2019 4:26:46 PM

yes, all types of houses give snap bids, it’s not exclusive to one “tier” :)

by: clarityMay 15, 2019 10:31:16 PM

@Yikes missed a key point: Snap Bids happen BEFORE bids go out on Bid Day ONLY, NOT after Bid Day. Snap Bids are decided after the bid matching process which is after the pref parties are concluded. If you are going to be offered a Snap Bid you will get a call sometime BEFORE Bid Day activities start, either on pref night or the next morning. If you accept, then you go to Bid Day activities and run home with everyone else! But remember this: there are VERY FEW SNAP BIDS GIVEN and you should not count on one, especially from a house that already dropped you. If you drop out of recruitment because you didn't like the sororities you had left, the rare Snap Bid would come from one of those, not as a second chance from a house that cut you.

By: clarity
by: yikesMay 16, 2019 1:33:07 PM

^thanks for that clarification! I haven’t known anyone that has actually gotten a snap bid so I didn’t really know the exact timeline lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.