facebook

chances for oos girls

by: pnm

What are the chances of an oos girl getting into a top or middle house? (good gpa, averageish looks, décent involvement)

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bshsj   

Getting a top house out of state requires most likely having gone to private school, I’d say it’s a 50/50 shot of getting a middle tier, lower mid is more likely

By: Bshsj
by: 23Mar 17, 2019 12:38:16 PM

Are the top fraternities and sororities pretty much filled with private school kids?

By: 23
by: ^^^Mar 17, 2019 12:59:46 PM

No, they aren’t filled with private school kids. Many from public school.
It helps if you know some people already in there, but that can happen at any point. See if your roommate knows people and can help you make a personal connection.

By: ^^^
by: rightMay 14, 2019 7:36:45 PM

Your chances without knowing people already in the sorority, or without being a legacy, or a beautiful famous person, or insta famous, or known in someway is very unlikely for old sororities, but don't feel bad because it happens to hundreds of girls in and oos & other sororities can provide a fine experience.

By: right
by: slimMay 16, 2019 11:45:26 AM

Not that good of a chance unless you really look great and stand out from the pack.

By: slim
#2  by: yike   

I was oos and knew absolutely nobody at uga. I had a 4.0 in high school and pretty good involvement, also average looks. during rush I got dropped from all my favorite houses and even a few I was a legacy for so I ended up dropping from rush because I wasn’t happy with what I had left (I wish I didn’t do this). anyways first semester sucked but I ended up spring rushing a pretty solid house and I’m happy where I ended up in the long run. my point is that especially at uga I feel like rush really is who you know or what recs you have because there’s just not any better way for them to do it when there’s just so many girls rushing. the recruitment process is skewed but if you really want to be in a sorority you can make it work

By: yike
by: trueMay 15, 2019 2:44:58 PM

I think your experience was similar to so many oos girls that go thru UGA rush and don't have connections. It is an awful adjustment sometimes, but can work out in the end. I'm glad things worked out in the end for you.

By: true
#3  by: true   

Honestly it really depends who you end up meeting / talking to in the beginning rounds.
Ur best bet though are Tri Delt (tons of really good out of staters), DZ, Gamma Phi, Sigma Kappa as decent houses to join
AGD and Alpha phi would be below that

By: true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.