facebook

helppp!!!

by: LA

I am transferring to UGA 2014 spring semester and will be a sophomore. I really want to join a sorority but wondering if it is too late to join one??? I would be one of the oldest in the pledge class and possibly older than my big if I do join. I don't know what to do??? HELP ME PLEASEEEE!!!

Posted By: LA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: s09   

If youre trying to rush fall of the junior year after you transfer, unless youre very very good friends with some sisters it might be hard. if youre going to rush spring semester sophomore year, a number of houses do spring rush. however, it's mostly reserved for the good friends made by the freshman pledge class's first semester.

By: s09
#2  by: DawgBoy   

Check out Fiji Sigma Chi and Beta.

By: DawgBoy
#3  by: ...   

There won't be as many houses taking part in spring sorority rush, but no harm in checking it out. You might find a place and all's good. Worst case, you don't and go through formal in the fall. Yes, it's harder for non-freshmen to get bids and have more options, but UGA does have an upperclassman quota. Sororities don't have to use it, but it's there and might help you out. You'll need good grades and recs to all of the chapters. Also, and this is important, get involved in some campus activities during spring semester. It's good for upperclassmen to show that they're involved and already have a presence on campus. Definitely try to meet sorority women during spring semester through your classes, dorm and other activities. Good luck to you!

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.