facebook

sigma alpha omega

by: rushee

Can someone please explain what this sorority is and if they'd be worth my time? I was cut from all houses in August 2017 during rush and I don't know if I should re-rush at this point. Thanks in advance!

Posted By: rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

it’s a Christian sorority :) they aren’t panhellenic

By: :)
by: OPDec 7, 2017 2:11:44 PM

Do they have socials and participate in normal greek activities?

By: OP
by: NopeDec 7, 2017 6:39:47 PM

Also they have a mix of Christian girls who don't drink/go out, as well as girls who didn't get a bid during recruitment and look at SAO because it's more competitive than gamma sig (the service sorority)

By: Nope
#2  by: dawgsontop   

no, they don't have socials, they do have a formal, but they are more about their faith than the whole Greek system. I would try COB in the spring or rerushing the fall if you have made friends in houses you may be interested in, nothing wrong with them but they may just not be what you're looking for.

By: dawgsontop
#3  by: Yes   

This is old but for future reference— SAO does have socials and so participate in normal Greek activities. They just don’t do any socials where drinking is involved. They regularly have socials with BYX and Phi Kapp. But they are big Christians, so if that’s not your cup of tea then I would recommend another sorority. They also don’t have a house or anything if that may defer you.

By: Yes
#4  by: Godawgs   

SAO does have a lot of the perks that come with sororities. They have multiple socials with Panhellenic fraternities throughout the semester, and they have date nights every month. The main difference between them and Panhellenic sororities is that they do not have alcohol at any of their functions, and many of their bylaws come from a Christian belief system. The sisters are all very fun, pretty, normal girls, and the majority of them are heavily involved in other organizations on campus. The majority of girls in SAO rushed in the fall with Panhellenic and either did not get the house they wanted, or they decided that Panhellenic was not for them. SAO doesn’t have a house, but they are planning on changing that in the future.

By: Godawgs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.