facebook

grouping sororities by type, not tier

by: Interesting

I've noticed lately that each sorority tries to recruit 1 type of girls out of about 4 types, leading to several houses with a lot of similar characteristics, so I figured I'd make a list grouping them by type. This doesn't have much to do with tier, it's which houses I think would be really similar if everyone did equally well in recruitment - so which type of girls each chapter seems to target the most. Obviously these are generalizations and I don't know everyone if every sorority, but these are just be trends I've identified and I'd love to hear what other people think!

Group 1: beauty queens/great social media presence
ADPi, KD, DDD, DZ

Group 2: most social/party girls
Phi Mu, Theta, Gamma Phi, AGD, Alpha Phi

Group 3: chill/hipster vibes, cool girls w/less drama
Kappa, Chi O, SK, DG, SDT

Group 4: nice girls/some more religious (not all necessarily)
Zeta, AOPi, AXO, Pi Phi, DPhiE

Posted By: Interesting
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Hohoho   

This is an interesting way of looking at it. I can see most of these except I'd move Gamma Phi to the beauty queen group. They seem fairly antisocial compared to other houses

By: Hohoho
by: AsdfNov 25, 2017 10:37:42 AM

I'd put them in the chill group. But really I think GPhi is a mix of all the types - they don't seem to have mostly one specific image like a lot of the other sororities.

By: Asdf
#2  by: Hmm   

Alpha phi should be in the looks group. Most of the ones I know are very socially awkward, and nationally they only care about looks. Sure most of them are average looking, but we all know thats their one priority

By: Hmm
by: Hunh?Dec 15, 2017 12:35:28 PM

So are you an Alpha Phi? You must be since you know so much about them and their national guidelines for "they only care about looks." and "thats their one priority"

Glad to see you are such a supportive alumnae (eye roll) I wish you lots of luck with your sorority this year!

By: Hunh?
by: Okay??Jan 16, 2018 10:43:20 PM

Alpha Phi literally couldn’t get a social with someone unless they only brought their “30 hottest girls” and they went through with it... so please tell me they aren’t all about looks.

By: Okay??
#3  by: Omg   

This is so true, especially group 1. If all the chapters could recruit equally well, there would be literally no difference between ADPi KD DDD and DZ lol. There's a little more variety in the other groups (probably bc they're based on personality more), but overall this is so accurate

By: Omg
by: OmgNov 25, 2017 2:15:13 PM

Who are you kidding?

By: Omg
by: HahaNov 26, 2017 8:48:38 PM

These chapters will never be the same, but IF they could all recruit on ADPi's level, yeahhh they'd be pretty similar for sure

By: Haha
by: WellNov 30, 2017 6:15:39 PM

Adpi and KD are at it again. Please tell us again how wonderful you think you are cause you’d be the only ones that think so.

By: Well
#4  by: Lol   

AGD is the most social? Haha no

By: Lol
by: LolNov 25, 2017 9:38:37 PM

But they're not pretty, nice, or chill either. I think they try to be social at least haha

by: LolNov 30, 2017 7:33:15 PM

Add is not social or nice

by: Good lord. Jan 17, 2018 11:40:54 AM

You realize you used the same "username" on each one of these posts right? It's obvious this was done by the same person over and over again. Get a life, dude.

By: Good lord.
#5  by: Go Dawgs   

I know a ton of hipster type girls in AOPi, but I see how you can put them in the goody goody group too

By: Go Dawgs
by: YepNov 26, 2017 2:40:06 PM

I think that's because a lot of churchy girls are also somewhat hipster

By: Yep
#6  by: Hmm   

Bump

By: Hmm
#7  by: ?   

idk i feel like the kappas do love a good party

By: ?
by: YeeshNov 30, 2017 4:39:47 PM

I mean you're not wrong about liking parties, but Kappas are the type to chill with the bros and play beer pong instead of being like "eeeeep yay socialz!!!!! Gotta cover my wholeeee body in glitter yayayay!!!"

By: Yeesh
by: YahDec 4, 2017 9:26:31 PM

Kappas are more like chill bros

By: Yah
#8  by: Om   

Bump

By: Om
#9  by: I   

We need more of this stuff on here - less pitting houses against each other and more actually talking about the chapters' qualities

By: I
#10  by: Yeet   

Bump

By: Yeet

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.