facebook

thinking about rushing a sorority in fall

by: Firstrush

I am thinking about rushing some sororities. I have been looking at Omega Sigma Chi And Alpha Pi Phi but considering others also. I found this website recently and omega sigma chi isn’t mentioned at all. What should I know about it and all of them plus rush?

Posted By: Firstrush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Helper   

Each sorority has a unique reputation and different girls. The people do make up the culture and if you will fit. In terms of popularity, size, and involvement I think rank would be best to worst 1) Alpha Pi Phi 2) Tau Sigma Phi 3) Omega Sigma Chi and 4) Delta Psi Delta. Like the other post said each has good and bad points.

Alpha Pi Phi is I believe the biggest sorority at Brock currently and they have the biggest reputation alongside that. They are known for being popular and pretty but they can be a bit more exclusive and tight-knit. They are international and likely have the most sisters as an organization but being big also means they have more oversight and more rules. They do have a very active and organized recruitment and despite being picky for bids they are welcoming. They have closest ties with Sigma Chi (their sister is the sweetheart) but also seem to spend time with other organizations.

Tau Sig is known for being fun those girls know how to have a good time. They are active socially but less so around campus. They are also close with Sigma Chi as well. It is also nice they are close to AEPI (their sister is the sweetheart for them) because a lot of other sororities don't spend time with them. There are rumours of them having some internal issues and hazing so judge those for yourself but their recruitment chair this year seems nice. They are very involved with recruitment this year so it should be interesting to see what they do.

Omega Sigma Chi is the oldest sorority at Brock. It is also the only sorority to have no other chapters so it is truly local and has the fewest members nationally. This can mean a very tight group of girls but it is also less networking overall it depends what you want. Some sisters are very sweet and they are very close to Zeta Psi. Their recruitment has always been small which means smaller classes each year as APP and Tau Sig have stepped up their game. Props to them for having active social media though.

Delta Psi Delta I am not going to sugar coat ... they are a mess. A lot of their girls left last semester and I think they have some of the worst internal issues. A real shame cause they were very unique. Their rush is pretty messy and they seem to give bids to whoever comes out.

Just remember that sororities put on their best faces during recruitment they all want to impress you. So don’t get caught up in the excitement of a specific event but focus on the people and their values. Follow your heart and be sure to ask many questions to learn about each organization you decide to rush. Try and focus on people who get to connect with you as a person and not just how you fit in the sorority. Good luck!

By: Helper
#2  by: Good luck   

These answers are spot on!!

By: Good luck

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.