facebook

what are the sororities on campus like?

by: Badgerrush

Rushing in the fall can someone give me the thorough overview of what each sorority is like? In terms of philanthropy, social life,stereotypes etc

Posted By: Badgerrush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Jenna   

no

By: Jenna
#2  by: What she said   

What Jenna said. Rush and you will find out. All 4 of our sororities are wonderful but different. They don't have a specific "stereotype" because this isn't the states, they're just made up of different women. Rush is truly the only way to find out who you will click with. Good luck!

By: What she said
#3  by: Lalala   

In no particular order:

DPsiD: Newest chapter on campus, but oldest sorority in Canada. Tend to take girls who don't fit in elsewhere which is great. It seems to lead to strong sisterhood but their overall organization seems disorganized - their colonization process was all over the place. I know this because their Founders did not keep quiet about this at the time. Defies the typical sorority stereotype.

APP: Second sorority at Brock. Probably the closest you will get to the typical sorority experience as their alpha chapter broke off of a large NPC sorority in Ottawa. Largest Canadian sorority. They still defy the typical stereotype though. I know they had some internal issues before, not sure how that is now but I hope for their sake they got it under control. Good alumni involvement.

Tau Sig: Third sorority at Brock. Also a good bet for typical sorority experience (overall organization structure, interactions with your other chapters, visiting sisters around the globe, a governing body to watch over all chapters) as they broke off from the same large sorority as APP 2 years before they did. They have a reputation for loving a good time both here and nationally.

Osig: First sorority at Brock - kudos to you for getting things started. Not really sure how to summarize you though. Very intense about being a sorority but also not organized very well? Set up waaaay differently from the other organizations. Local (no other chapters or governing body) so there is no one to keep their exec in check. Always takes a big class in the fall and then barely anyone in winter. Not sure if this is on purpose or not. Just kind of confusing to be honest, but Osigs clearly love their letters so all the power to them. They are the only local sorority at Brock but they have been trying to change that.

By: Lalala
by: LalalaOct 1, 2017 6:02:01 PM

I take back what I said about always taking a big class in the fall

By: Lalala

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.