facebook

alpha delta pi

by: Hmmm

How does everyone think ADPi will do at LSU? It's a pretty strong sorority nationally and huge in the south. I was thinking about waiting to rush with them. But do you think they'll get the "southern belle" reputation that they have at other big schools in the south fast or will it take time?

Posted By: Hmmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: History   

ADPi is recolonizing at LSU. You are correct they are strong group nationally and should do well if they plan for being selective vs just taking numbers. Better to expand slowly with a strong core group of girls.

By: History
by: TrueJan 21, 2016 5:15:19 PM

I'm from upstate South Carolina and Alpha Delta Pi is the top sorority at just about every SC school and I believe at Georgia too. History is right. If they take the standard that they have at Clemson and South Carolina, I think they'll shoot up. Quality over quantity is key. I wish I had an opportunity like this my freshmen year.

By: True
by: !Jan 16, 2017 11:24:55 PM

theyre gonna be the best

By: !
#2  by: eh...   

it'll be just like alpha phi... no one wants to be in the new sorority regardless of national reputation...just bein honest

By: eh...
by: ^Jan 22, 2016 11:43:55 PM

Not even close. ADPi will be better than Alpha Phi the minute they walk in the door. ADPI has a lot of clout in the South. Alpha Phi doesn't.

By: ^
by: HmmmJan 23, 2016 10:34:10 PM

I don't think that will help all that much. New is new,regardless. They will have to endure growing pains too. But Aphi has a strong national presence and are doing pretty well rather quickly and so will ADPi. They wouldmost definately be worth pledging if you want to be part of something new and exciting.

By: Hmmm
by: ADPiJan 28, 2016 12:22:34 PM

Omega Chapter closed in 1985, but they were the second house at LSU (1914) and they have a dedicated core group of alums who want to see the new chapter succeed.

By: ADPi
#3  by: Alex   

We'll welcome them as they'll be a new exchange for our fraternity

By: Alex
#4  by: honestly   

Just another sorority to grab up the top picks who were unfortunate enough to still have them around for pref, along with the leftovers in stark contrast with not much in between

By: honestly
#5  by: Tbh   

They're really strong nationally and top tier at just about every school they're at. Hopefully they can keep the same rep here.

By: Tbh
by: NopeApr 29, 2016 3:23:23 PM

I have one word for you: Maryland. And just look around at the ranks for other schools on this site, like Indiana, Arizona State, Penn State, Washington State, UVa, Illinois, Illinois State, etc.

By: Nope
#6  by: Sarah    

Adpi is growing a lot too. They'll have the help of other chapters in state, which are strong. As well as adpi at ULL that is only a year old.

By: Sarah
#7  by: hey    

just because ADPi is strong and top tier nationally, that doesn't mean they will be here. just look at theta, they're top tier at tons of big schools (texas a&m, ucla, etc) but bottom here. people seem to forget that LSU greek life is pretty unique compared to other schools

By: hey
#8  by: Emily   

I think they should be given a chance and everyone should be supportive of them. It'll take a few years, but I think they will climb in the rankings

By: Emily
#9  by: sal   

they wont do well. byeeee

By: sal
#10  by: hi   

theyre already pretty good

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.