facebook

turtle❤️❤️

by: Turtle❤️

I REALLY want to be a DZ. my GPA is 2.7, but my cousin is DZ so I am a legacy. Since that pretty much autonomically gets me in, should I even bother to get recs for the other groups?

Posted By: Turtle❤️
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ??   

legacy doesn't automatically mean you get in, and I thought most sororities don't consider cousins as legacies??

By: ??
by: Turtle❤️May 20, 2017 9:18:00 PM

Is a 2.7 good enough for DZ ? They are my top choice.
What about DG, Phi Mu, or Pi Phi? Are they strict with grades? I might look at those .

By: Turtle❤️
by: umMay 20, 2017 10:34:20 PM

maybe pi phi, but not DG and Phi Mu. DG has the highest GPA of all the sororities and Phi Mu is exclusive all around

By: um
#2  by: Hey   

Definitely get recs for other sororities! Your cousin would probably love to have you, but the other 3/4 hundred girls might see you as a grade risk and be more hesitant! Also just a heads up, try to gets refs for all of them because you never know how recruitment will pan out, and some can't invite you back to a following round with a rec letter

By: Hey
#3  by: omg   

This has to be a joke right?

By: omg
by: clearlyMay 21, 2017 3:57:20 AM

Yes. No one is this dumb (I hope)

By: clearly
by: UghMay 21, 2017 7:25:25 PM

Wtf a 2.7 isn't bad who tf are you to be saying stuff like that

By: Ugh
#4  by: haaaa   

Nice trolling on DZ lol

By: haaaa
by: PNM's May 21, 2017 10:55:01 AM

I don't think it is trolling. Y'all know that most of these PNM's have just graduated over the past days or weeks and graduation parties are over and the Recruitment paranoia has set in. We were all in their places at one time too.

By: PNM's
by: LOLMay 22, 2017 3:57:01 PM

nah she's right, this absolutely is the definition of trolling... "my cousin is a DZ" and "that automatically gets me in" lmao
and to the person above, yes 2.7 is preeetty bad. This post was prob meant to put DZ in a bad light with academics, which they aren't known for

By: LOL
#5  by: Keeping it Real   

The reality is that even if nationals will accept a 2.5 GPA, most houses will not consider anyone under a 3.0. Some chapters are limited in the number of grade risks they can invite back. DZ is a strong chapter at LSU, so unless you have some stellar extracurricular activities on your resume, expect to have heavy cuts. You will be competing with 1000+ other girls who will have great grades. As far as legacies are concerned, my chapter only considers daughters, granddaughters, and sisters legacies. Cousins and nieces are not legacies. They can be noted on a resume as family members with Greek affiliations, but you aren't a true legacy. If your cousin was being honest with you, she would tell you to be realistic in your expectations. Don't mean to sound harsh, but keeping it real.

By: Keeping it Real
#6  by: bruh   

a cousin is NOT a legacy lol. also you dont pick the sorority, they pick YOU. i cannot rn. during rush we will all know who you are, bc i am assuming you will open ur big mouth and say who your cousin is and that you are a "legacy". only moms, sisters, and grandmas count. \

2.7 is a TERRIBLE gpa when competeing at an SEC school where most girls rushing have a 3.2 and above. good luck, and bless ur lil heart

By: bruh
by: Turtle❤️May 24, 2017 12:50:15 PM

I believed some information that I should not have and caught up in the hype and will be open to see what all LSU sororities have to offer. I think I may also wait until the Spring now even though I really want to go through in the Fall. 🙁

By: Turtle❤️
by: heyMay 24, 2017 4:16:55 PM

if you really want to rush in the fall, you can always wait until your sophomore year and bring your grades up

By: hey
#7  by: DZ    

DZ IS SL00ts! And they have smelly kooter

By: DZ

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.