facebook

sigma chi kicked off?

by: IT BURNS

I've heard Sigma Chi maybe gone in the next couple weeks. Fact or Fiction?

Posted By: IT BURNS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Doubtful   

They haven't kicked a fraternity as a whole off campus since Spring 2006, which was Fiji, and they had some kind of deal if they shut down their chapter then they would be able to come back in two years. Explains why they suck. They were upper mid tier at the time.
Sigma Chi has much more alumni pull and longer tradition at LSU than Fiji did, so it is doubtful they will have to shut down shop and board up all their windows to the house.

By: Doubtful
#2  by: hmm   

the above comment is false. i won't disclose what sigma chi is being sanctioned for, but it's really REALLY bad. no amount of alumni pull will get them out of this trouble.

By: hmm
#3  by: well   

it's not they kill one of their pledges or anything in that nature. just some harsh hazing, so it can't be worse than what happened to Lambda Chi last year.

By: well
#4  by: Reality check   

Is it true one of their so called super alumns was in the BR paper for DWI recently? I believe it is a matter of public record.

By: Reality check
#5  by: yup   

^^^^^^that commment pretty much says it all. i hope it was worth it? a few mins of feeling superior to those younger than you. that you would inflict pain on them, and i guess enjoy their suffering? it somehow made your days better. you'll have a long time to think about it over the next few years. it just sucks for those who had no part in this, especially the sophomores, they had so much time left to make something of sigma chi. it also sucks for the pledges. they chose the wrong chapter, and they obviously know it now. everyone can learn from this.

By: yup
#6  by: Seriously   

If it is true, they deserve to lose their chapter for a few years. And the people who did it should be arrested.

By: Seriously
#7  by: EX   

We are in good standing now with IFC and Greek Affairs. All of the sanctions are lifted and there never was a threat to get kicked off. As for the Alumni not having enough pull, I guess you were wrong.

By: EX
#8  by: I was right   

Sigma Chi has much more alumni pull and longer tradition at LSU than Fiji did, so it is doubtful they will have to shut down shop and board up all their windows to the house.

By: I was right

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.