facebook

ato coming back to campus

by: ato

Alpha Tau Omega is coming back to campus this semester and has been recruiting guys. Anybody know why they were kicked off in the past?
I heard their national and alumni support is supposed to be huuuuge and that this re-colonizing is a big deal (bigger than Beta, ADPi).

What are y'alls thoughts on this? I think as long as the recruiter guys are actually very selective and pick guys that represent the frat, I think they'll surpass some of the other frats quite quickly.
Im excited and expect big things.

Posted By: ato
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: um   

they most likely left for the same reason ADPi did, all the alpha sororities and fraternities left campus during the integration of LSU out of protest

By: um
by: historyJan 29, 2017 10:34:15 PM

The alpha sororities, most of them, left in the 80's. This was before quota was set the way it is now. The other groups were getting large pledge classes and the alpha groups were not. Plus there wasn't much panhellenic spirit and folks talked about the "alpha syndrome" and it contributed to folks not wanting to join and they couldn't compete. It had nothing to do with integration. AGD and ADPi left mid 80s, AOPi and Alpha Phi left early 80s, AZD left late 80s.

ATO left LSU in the 90s. After the Lambda Chi and KA houses burned, all houses had to be up to fire code. The ATO chapter at the time was small and I don't think they could afford to fix their house to get it to code. Their house was actually torn down (it was next to the TKE house).

This is what some alums told me.

By: history
#2  by: .   

it takes frats way longer to get a good rep than it does sororitys so honestly they wont be good anytime soon

By: .
#3  by: !   

I think they will get good quickly if they select their members well

By: !
by: GuestJan 28, 2017 3:27:51 PM

no one is going to pick them

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.