facebook

should i inflate my gpa on the rush forms?

by: learning difference

I'm hearing that everyone inflates their GPA on the rush application, and that there is no way to check. Is this true? I have a learning difference and my high school GPA is okay, but not great. When I go to TCU next year, I will have assigned tutors for my classes because of my learning differentce. I've been told not to talk about the learning difference during rush so I won't. But what about my GPA? I don't want to be disriminated against because I learn differently. Should I just inflate my GPA? Will they find out?

Posted By: learning difference
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no!!   

I wouldn't lie about GPA.

By: no!!
by: ^Feb 17, 2015 11:10:14 AM

Why?

By: ^
by: LalalalalaFeb 17, 2015 11:33:25 AM

^^ true. You really shouldn't lie. First, its immorally incorrect. Second, official transcripts are requested from people writing letters of recommendation and they're aren't going to lie for you. Third, why would you want to be in a sorority that puts so much pressure on your grades? Some sororities don't have high gpa requirements and they are very accepting on who they take in. Don't stress so much about it. Be yourself and good luck finding your home.

By: Lalalalala
#2  by: huh?   

Nobody that wrote a rec for me required a transrcipt and I got a rec from every house. That would be creepy to give a transcript. Also, your high school grades are impossible to summons up, so you probably could lie about them. I've heard that most people do. It isn't immoral to lie about something that was nobody's business in the first place.

By: huh?
by: uhhhFeb 18, 2015 9:34:01 PM

I had people ask me for my transcripts when writing my letters of rec too....

By: uhhh
by: ImmoralFeb 14, 2024 9:56:42 PM

You are not the first person to go to TCU with your background because it's a known school that is recommended for people with learning differences and non-mainstream educational backgrounds, like homeschool and others. It is absolutely immoral to lie when it misrepresents your achievements and gives you an illegitimate, undeserved advantage over others. Promoting your own interests at the expense of others is the absolute worst kind of lie there is. It's a slippery slope when you start out being unethical.

By: Immoral
by: wtfFeb 14, 2024 10:06:33 PM

Yes we will find out. How does anyone think it's not the sororities' business what a pnm's GPA is? We are doing the choosing, not the pnm's. The sororities absolutely have access to the official transcript. You can lie but it will catch up to you sooner or later, and you might be the first one in your nm class to be brought up to standards board.

By: wtf
#3  by: jfjslkfs   

So here's the thing, sure you can lie. But let's say you get into one of the houses with top grades because you will probably say you have an awesome GPA. Freshman year is very stressful, a lot of freshman transferred this year because TCU was very difficult and they could not handle all of the stress that came with it, you're gonna have to learn how to balance being away from home for the first time, being completely on your own for just about everything, and going to so many new member meetings. So are you REALLY gonna be able to keep up that lie? Maybe... but if not you're risking getting kicked out because of your low GPA. So I agree with lalalala, don't lie about your GPA. You want to be in a house that fits you, and some houses don't focus on GPA too much. As long as you're pretty, have a good personality, and all that other stuff then you should be golden. Good luck!

By: jfjslkfs
#4  by: ppppppplllllllliiii   

Hi guys! I am going to a sec school and my highschool gpa is a 2.9 as of rn. would I be dropped from all sororities because of my highschool gpa.. I did rly bad freshman year but i got a 3.7 junior and soph year its just hard to get up my gpa bc of freshman year

By: ppppppplllllllliiii
by: big 12 hereFeb 14, 2024 1:23:39 PM

why are you posting about sec school on the tcu page..

By: big 12 here
by: ouchFeb 14, 2024 10:08:58 PM

At an SEC school you would not have many houses back with a 2.9, if at all. You would have to have some really distinctive quality to overcome that, like an academy award or something.

By: ouch
#5  by: Pip   

Panhellenic has access to your transcript through the registrar’s office. It’s up to them to verify if they want.
Don’t lie about grades.

By: Pip

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.