facebook

rushing overview

by: ....

Does anyone want to give an overview of what the whole process of rushing for a sorority is like? I want to go to TCU next year and rush but I kind of want to learn more about the process... is there a possibility that you don't get a bid at all?

Posted By: ....
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 5
#11  by: Rose   

All these messages are good for new girls to consider

By: Rose
#12  by: Sam   

This entire thread has honest answers to this question. Be prepared for a emotional roller coaster that is worth the stress.

By: Sam
#13  by: SororityMom   

Fall Recruitment was extremely stressful for my daughter. She was a double legacy and was dropped by that house on Day 1. Legacy means nothing anymore - in fact, it seems it might even work against them as other houses will drop the girls who they think will pledge their legacy. My daughter dropped a couple of days later.
Spring Recruitment is not structured and drags out for weeks. Girls are invited for coffee or yogurt and then might not hear back for over a week. Few sororities are participating and they each have very limited slots (but no one knows how many). Some apparently won't even consider girls who went through Fall Recruitment (AXO). Bids are handed out at random times so the girls have to make a decision on the spot before knowing if another sorority is considering them. It is all extremely stressful - especially since they are juggling classes, exams, and homework at the same time.
I would encourage girls to go through Fall Recruitment but to be prepared and to know that 20% of the girls last Fall did not pledge as they were dropped (or dropped out themselves) during the process.

By: SororityMom
by: MeMay 25, 2015 12:11:42 AM

You know nothing. You have no idea what other sororities' legacy policies are.

VIRTUALLY NO ONE GETS COMPLETELY DROPPED FROM RECRUITMENT! KEEP AN OPEN MIND AND YOU WILL GET A BID! Your spoiled closed minded daughter dropped out because she didn't get her way. She still had options left. She felt she was too good for some houses. Dropping out is in no way the same as getting dropped.

You need to get off this site. You're an embarrassment.

By: Me
#14  by: TCu   

No body comes through recruitment without a little trauma. It is a very fake environment where your connections, money, looks and clothes matter. You have to go into things with no preconceived idea of where you will end up. Houses changes every year as old girls leave bad new leaders take over. Whatever you have heard about a chapter may not apply here when you are going through. It is hard and the competition is fierce but stay the course and you win life long friends. No matter the letters, it is the friendships and memories that are priceless.

By: TCu
by: GirlnthenoFeb 13, 2015 1:54:55 PM

Amen

By: Girlntheno
#15  by: Hottie   

With spring recruitment coming to a close, here is a good over view of what to expect for fall.

By: Hottie
#16  by: :-)   

This entire post has a lot of truth.

By: :-)
#17  by: Mag   

This is the truth girls

By: Mag
#18  by: Frog   

Moving this to the top because it has facts for new girls to learn.

By: Frog
#19  by: Hello   

Read this new people

By: Hello
#20  by: Hey   

This is a great thread

By: Hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.