facebook

spring rush

by: Springtime

How does this work?

Posted By: Springtime
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 5
#11  by: Ok   

All the above: It is all about who you know pulling for you to get a bid. It's way more like fraternity rush. Yeah you do sometime get lucky and have strong houses spring rush too. Do ask yourself why they lost members though. It could be a high graduation number but it could because their sisterhood is lacking and people are disappointed with the reality in the house. All the more reason you need to KNOW members.

By: Ok
by: --Oct 6, 2014 8:07:55 PM

Yep

By: --
#12  by: Sophie   

You can get in a great house if you know the right girls. It is a legit option so don't let people discourage you on here.

By: Sophie
#13  by: Purple People   

This thread has a lot of good information. I would strongly encourage any girl that did not fall rush to consider this is as a good option.

By: Purple People
by: ADec 26, 2014 12:43:23 AM

Definitely

By: A
#14  by: Horn toad    

Spring recruitment is a great option for anyone who choose not to go through or complete fall recruitment. People are correct that not every house will hold a spring rush. It is groups that want to boost their numbers for whatever reason. You do need to know girls so they can pull for you to get one of the limited slots. Talk about it with your Greek friends and definitely join. Greek life offers so much here. Every house has a lot of benefits.

By: Horn toad
by: Purple People LoverDec 3, 2014 1:50:48 PM

This is an outstanding opportunity. Talk to friends, the Membership VP or Recruitment chairmen which are listed on every chapters web page.

By: Purple People Lover
#15  by: Tcu   

Spring rush has great potential for you. Follow the advice given and go Greek.

By: Tcu
#16  by: Student   

Lots of good information throughout this thread

By: Student
#17  by: A girl   

Bump

By: A girl
#18  by: Transfer   

Do I have an shot at spring rush as a sophomore transfer since I wont really know too many people?!

By: Transfer
#19  by: Transfers ?   

Here is a response to those transferring in the spring. I would never say never but you our spring recruitment is only through select houses which differ each year. Often you find out because someone who knows you tells you about it. If you are transferring in, you may want to contact the houses individually and let them know your situation when your move gets closer.

By: Transfers ?
#20  by: Anna   

Spring recruitment is a super way to get in some of our best houses--period. People graduate, people transfer, people drop out--that doesn't mean their house has a problem. Talk to your Greek friends and take the easy way in--much better way than Fall if people are honest.

By: Anna
by: FroggyNov 17, 2014 8:56:05 PM

Nothing but the facts.

By: Froggy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.