facebook

just wondering

by: Curiousfrog

How many girls end up with no bid? What are the top reasons houses drop girls?

Posted By: Curiousfrog
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: senior   

If you play by the rules and write down EVERY house you go to instead of only the ones you want, you have an almost 100% chance of getting a bid from a house here. The girls who don't have an open mind, and decide to only write down one house after preference round because they are sure they will end up there, are the ones that might not get a bid. You shouldn't be worried as long as you keep an open mind and don't count any house out!

I'd say the top reasons houses would drop you would be:
1) Being outright rude or disrespectful to a girl in the house
2) Telling them you definitely don't want to be there (they want girls who want them)
3)Talking about inappropriate things/making someone feel uncomfortable aka asking about boys, partying, etc

By: senior
by: FrogJul 30, 2014 1:17:55 PM

Perfect response

By: Frog
by: MeJul 30, 2014 1:27:38 PM

Good post! Keep an open mind!

I would also add as reasons questionable reputation, appearance, and GPA.

By: Me
by: MeJul 30, 2014 1:30:32 PM

Oh and a lot of times you get dropped for reasons that have nothing to do with you. There are just more girls at the top of the list for a lot of reasons. It's not that we didn't like or want you but there were reasons we wanted to see other girls a little more.

By: Me
#2  by: so   

It sounds like I only have two choices.....ADPi and AOPi. Should I skip Rush and try to join after rush?

By: so
by: Yes!Jul 30, 2014 5:00:55 PM

There are bigger girls in all houses but those seem to have the most. Go through recruitment with an open mind! No chapter is full of perfect sisters!

By: Yes!
#3  by: News Flash   

TCU has a ridiculous amount of model type girls so if you are not it will be harder for you. I do not want to be hurtful but just know you are not going to be made to feel welcome in houses like Zeta or Phi Pi unless you have connections and cash. If you have those then you can get in anywhere. Chi O has lots of chubs but they hide them by making them do "kitchen duty". Then after recruitment you see the truth. You will find a group that will love you for you but do guard your heart. It is wrong but it is reality than every house wants attractive Pledge Classes so if you don't fit the mold you will have less options.

By: News Flash
by: ^^^Jul 30, 2014 6:10:46 PM

at least this girl is honest.

By: ^^^
by: TruthJul 30, 2014 7:16:40 PM

If you see a big girl outside of ADPi or AOPi they either have loads of money or a political connection/legacy got them in. It is horrible but there is no harder thing to overcome than the perceived ideal of being attractive. Being less smart, a minority, out of state, rude...will not hold you back more than your jean size. It is shameful that in 2014 women do this to each other but they do.

By: Truth
by: @truthJul 30, 2014 7:26:15 PM

amen!

By: @truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.