facebook

clothes

by: Xoxo

Are rompers okay for day 3?

Posted By: Xoxo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmm   

I think it would be more acceptable to wear a romper on philanthropy day. Not like a beach cover up romper, but a nice romper. We're probably going to see a lot of girls wearing rompers that day because they're so in right now. I'd wear a dress on day 3 instead. Completely up to you though!

By: Hmm
#2  by: Purple Pride   

I know rompers are trendy right now but I would encourage all girls to error on the side of traditional, classic clothing. You don't need to dress like a nun but do not be low rent. You are trying to impress wealthy women not boys. You will see a lot of brands like Tori Burch, Lily Pulitzer, Kate Spade...If you don't have the ability to dress expensive that isn't as important as being polished. Use the guidelines on line, be your best self and be smart about what women would look for.

By: Purple Pride
by: I agreeJul 26, 2014 8:15:53 PM

I think rompers look bad on a lot of girls and they just don't realize it because they're blinded by the trend. Also they can be a PITA to get in and out of during bathroom time and you're going to be in a hurry!

By: I agree
by: Greek GirlJul 27, 2014 1:47:24 AM

I think purple pride gave you sound advice. I do wish our responders would keep things supportive instead of judgmentally harsh because this should be a safe place to seek advice. If you follow the information guidelines on the web plus keep her thoughts ^^^ in mind then you will be perfect. Welcome to Texas Christian University. Our women are much warmer than some things on this site suggests.

By: Greek Girl
by: GirlJul 28, 2014 6:11:56 PM

Purple pride says it the way it is.

By: Girl
#3  by: caligirl   

so the first two days are the scholarship days and we wear a Greek shirt and shorts. the second day is the service day. we shouldn't wear a romper on the service day (day 3 but round 2)?

By: caligirl
by: WellJul 26, 2014 11:05:55 PM

Correction: We all wear Greek shirts and shorts except for Chi O who have alumni pay so they can wear shirts...Really, to not follow the rules even with this is a small glimpse into how twisted this process is with that group.

By: Well
by: to well....Jul 26, 2014 11:45:09 PM

I believe caligirl was talking about PNMs, not the houses. and caligirl, a lot of us are saying rompers a definite no-no for round 3 (technically day 4).

also, I think rompers are a lot shorter than people realize and when you are bending down to sit in tight places it can look really bad. I would honestly avoid in general.

By: to well....
by: ^^^Jul 27, 2014 10:19:38 AM

And there goes the obsessed Chi Omega hater again. We get it. You are upset because you didn't get a bid from them. It's no reason to spread your poison and lies in every single post here. You really need to seek counseling and get off the Internet. I pray that you are not one of my sisters! To PNMs, this sad and angry person in no way represents TCU Greeks. We are lucky to have a warm, welcoming and supportive community!

By: ^^^
by: recaligirlJul 30, 2014 11:52:19 AM

I think people are saying service day aka round 2 would be the day to wear a romper, NOT round 3 aka day 4 (skit round) where you should be wearing a dress. They just made round 1 two separate days last year, so girls are used to calling service day "day 2" but what they mean is round 2

By: recaligirl
#4  by: fashion police    

Seriously? A romper? You aren't going to ASU.

By: fashion police
by: UhhhJul 26, 2014 11:54:38 PM

Actually rompers are so cute and so in right now. A ton of TCU girls wear them. Why are we being so rude to these PNM's who are looking at us for some guidance?

By: Uhhh
by: ^^^Jul 27, 2014 12:55:26 AM

maybe Fashion Police is rude, but I do agree that rompers are highly inappropriate for recruitment.

#5  by: Xoxo   

Yes. I meant round two (day 3)

By: Xoxo
by: ^^^Jul 27, 2014 10:12:52 AM

Okay, in theory they are fine, and I'm sure that many PNMs will wear them, and it will be okay. but really think about it. This is a very conservative school. Many sororities will have their national advisors walking around. Some of which are super conservative. If it is a strapless romper where we see your entire back, and we see you wearing short, shorts, there MIGHT be some houses that think it is too risqué. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying this is a school in which you error on the side of conservative for most things.

by: Texas GalJul 29, 2014 5:04:15 PM

With so many options just play it safe and wear items that are displayed on the website. I can't imagine a romper would decide whether you get a bid or not but you will feel more confident if you aren't worried about what you are wearing and confidence can make a difference. Good luck and please ignore the rude comments that pop up on here. It sounds like a bored junior high boy. At least we will hope that is what they are.

By: Texas Gal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.